Jim Douglas Coaching Legacy (We need your help with the Coaching Family Tree)

Started by Lombardi, February 06, 2017, 06:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoil

Tom Kubiak earned four wrestling letters from 1970 - 1974. He placed in the WSUC Championships three times. In 1973 he placed second at the NAIA National Championships and in 1974 he placed third at the same meet. He was the team's Most Valuable Wrestler in 1972 and 1973 and was the team captain in 1973 and 1974. Kubiak, who graduated from Pulaski High School, coached wrestling at Menomonee Falls East High School (1976-80) where his 1980 team placed fifth in the state. He coached 10 state place winners. He also coached at Mauston High School (1981-84) where his 1984 team placed fifth in the state. He coached eight state place winners and one state champion. He earned his degree in 1976. Kubiak currently is a teacher for the California Youth Authority

imnofish

Quote from: ElectricGuy on February 08, 2017, 12:41:49 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on February 08, 2017, 12:18:02 PM
Quote from: ElectricGuy on February 08, 2017, 12:03:43 PM
Quote from: Houndhead on February 07, 2017, 06:09:18 PM
Is that the same Jim Ritchie that coached at Barron?

Must be, I know he started at Pulaski

Jim Ritchie had several sons that also coached didn't he? Imnofish must know the Ritchie branch of this tree.

Good catch, yes two coached,  Gary and Mike  -  Gary was coaching at Rice Lake when he had the injury and then Mike took over, not sure for how many years.  After Jim retired from Barron I think he coached or assisted coached at RL also.   I don't think the other two coach Jim Jr and Tom.   Jim Jr is part of the administration at Cumberland I believe, so I'm sure he is involved in wrestling.   Tom last I knew was in law enforcement. 

Jim Richie coached at Coleman, Pulaski, Barron, Chetek, and Rice Lake, in that order.  The last 2 occurred after his retirement from teaching at Barron High School.  Jim was at Barron for 17 years.  Jim and I came to Barron in the summer of 78.  He asked me to be the middle school coach and eventually I became an assistant high school coach under him.  The current coach at Barron, Daryl Stephens was also an assistant here and took over the program when Jim retired.  Jim's sons Gary and Mike both coached at Rice Lake.  His son James Richie III was a very successful coach at Saint Croix Falls, winning a state title before becoming an elementary principal at Cumberland. He also was an assistant at Rice Lake, under my brother Tom Rick, whom had previously been Mike's assistant coach.  Mike is now the Superintendent at Northland Pines School District and was honored as the outstanding Superintendent in the nation a few years ago.   Jim's youngest son Tom was an undefeated state champion his senior year and later did some coaching at Rice Lake.  He was Barron County Sheriff, but now has a real estate business and teaches law enforcement classes at WITC-Rice Lake.  I still have contact with Jim Sr.  He and I still voluntarily help out at local high school practices and hang out at wrestling events.  Jim is now a 6 year survivor of bone cancer.  His energy still amazes me.  I'm looking forward to spending some time with Jim and his son Gary tomorrow, at the Hayward Regional.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Lombardi

Hope to see a bunch of alumni and coaches at the banquet.  Please continue to fill in any blanks for the Douglas Coaching Legacy Tree :D

Lombardi

Jim Douglas (Coleman) Coaching tree
1-Jim Richie 2-Roger Pillath      3-Art Rouse   4-Nick Kinziger   5-Colin Kinziger  6-Ken Marten   7-Randy Skarda   8-Kent Casper      9-Karl Casper
(Pulaski)     (Port Washington)    (Peshtigo)     (Oconto Falls)         (Lena)       (Bemidgi State)   (Oconto Falls)   (Menominee MI)  (Hamilton-Sussex)
                 (Coleman)                                                                               (Parkside)        (Kimberly)                                (Bay Port)

1-Richie -Tom Kubiak (Men Falls & Mauston)  
           -Joe Kind     (Pulaski) >>>>>>>Jeff Matczak (Kaukauna)
           -Emil Kuhn (Luxemburg) >>>>>Bob Berceau>>>Chas Treml
           -Gary Richie (Rice Lake)                           >>>> Brad Shefchik (Bay Port)
           -Mike Richie  (Rice Lake)                           >>>>Eric Enderby (Mishicot)  
           -Don Hartman (Oconto & Osceola)                >>>>Ryan Deprey (Pulaski)  

2-Pillath -Kent Casper (Menominee MI)
            Karl Casper  (Hamilton Sussex)>>>>Bob Longdin>>>>Rod Figueroa (Manitowoc Lincoln)
            Scott Swenty (Weyauwega)    
            Kevin Casper (Coleman)>>>>> Marc Kinziger (Oconto Falls)                                      Kevin's Asst Coaches
                                             >>>>> Tony Gruber   (Gillett/Suring)                                       Tim Gould
                                             >>>>> Adam Bieber  (Shawano)                                             Jason Maye
                                             >>>>> Ben Cherney   (Geen Bay Preble - Gillett/Suring)             Karl Casper  
                                             >>>>> Mitch Szwett (Kewaunee- Gillett/Suring)
                                             >>>>> Jason Champagne (Marinette)      

3-Rouse (Peshtigo)>>>> Joe Krautkramer  
                        >>>> Dave Wagner
                        >>>>Randy Belongia
                        >>>>Tim Newman (Nebraska) (Coached Rulan Gardener (2000 Olympic Hwt Champion)
                        >>>>Tim Gould (Coleman)

4-Nick Kinziger (Oconto Falls)> Paulson>Terry & Jack Magnon>Bill Bestscha & Jack> Randy Skarda & Jack>Marc Kinziger, Dave & Jack Magnon

5-Colin Kinziger (Lena)>>>>Don Graf>>>>Tom Southworth>>>>Mike Bittner>>>>Chad Misco

6-Ken Marten (Bemidgi State & UW Parkside) >>>>> Numerous coaches from Ken and Coach Koch (guesstimate 50)

7-Randy Skarda (Oconto Falls & Kimberly) >>>> Steve Skarda (Kimberly)

8-Kent Casper   (Menominee, MI & Peshtigo)

9-Karl Casper (Hamilton Sussex- Bay Port- Coleman)
       >>>>> Bob Longdin (Sussex)>>>>Dan Lovy>>>>Doug Pulvermacher>>>>Robbie Schoener
       >>>>> Rod Figueroa (Manitowoc Lincoln)  Wrestled Hwt for Cuba in the Olympics                            

(The Douglas tree has over 50 Head coaches representing more than 25 schools & part of 27 Team State Championships that we know of)  
   Please Fill in any missing information                                                          

pauladamski

Richie's coaching staff at Pulaski had Kind, Kuhn and Don Hartman. I didn't see Hartman listed above. He went on to become a HOF as well. Four HOF on one staff.