R.I.P Ken Popelka

Started by ramjet, March 26, 2017, 09:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramjet

Ken passed away today surrounded by family at age 54 from Cancer. R.I.P. Ken... :'(

TomM

State Champion 1981 132lb. West Allis Central

https://youtu.be/Nt3b5CZbcC4
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

OneEyedFatMan

Peace to his family.

Wrestled Ken in a dual in 1981. He wasn't afraid to go for the throw the entire match.
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"

Ghetto

Wrestling losing a lot of folks lately.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

ramjet

Ken also coached for a while and if you go onto FB and search his name you will see great out pouring of emotion, respect and admiration for him.

digimon

The wrestling community lost a good one. Ken volunteered at Appleton West for a few years back in the 90's and brought a toughness and background in Greco. Thoughts and prayers to his family.

LKing

I can't even begin to count how many softball games I played against Stubby.  Wow.  Always a solid player and a heck of a good laugh.  His spirit was hard to match.  My condolences to the Popelka family.

Les King
Clintonville, WI

Handles II

Quote from: Ghetto on March 27, 2017, 11:40:45 AM

a MN head coach, of Watertown-Mayer schools just died last week of a heart attack, younger guy in good shape. Sucks. Condolences to all.

littleguy301

Quote from: Handles II on April 03, 2017, 10:00:04 AM

a MN head coach, of Watertown-Mayer schools just died last week of a heart attack, younger guy in good shape. Sucks. Condolences to all.

joe traen I believe is the name. out for his morning jog and had a heart attack. 59 years young.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

ramjet

Quote from: Handles II on April 03, 2017, 10:00:04 AM

"good shape" means little if you have clogged arteries or a history in your family of cardiac problems. So please get regular check ups and physicals.

In Stubby's case it was just too late for any treatment....sad and cancer really sucks!!!!!!