Week 6 Pick-em

Started by ElectricGuy, January 10, 2017, 07:51:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElectricGuy

Some even duals - tough picks

Tues
Deforest vs Lodi   - I can't find any results...????

Thurs
Waun vs Reeds  - Winner Waun
Milton vs Sauk  - Winner Milt

Friday
Monroe vs Fort  - Monroe
Horeb vs Deforest  - Deforest smoked them, but Horeb missing many weights?
Portage vs Boo - I think I read Boo won
Stough vs MGM - Stoughton

EG picks
Lodi
Waun
Milton - really a toss up
Monroe - only because of Fort's forfeits
Horeb
Boo
Stough

We live in the era of smart phones and stupid people.

fryguy518

Lodi over Defo
Reeds over Waunakee (dont let me down boys!)
Sauk over Milton (a real good one)
Fort over Monroe
Defo over Mt Horeb
Boo over Portage
Stoughton over MG

this is the week to make up some ground on EG

ElectricGuy

Quote from: fryguy518 on January 10, 2017, 09:43:17 AM
Lodi over Defo
Fort over Mt Horeb
Defo over Mt Horeb
Boo over Portage
Stoughton over MG

Good luck   ;)

It's fort vs Monroe,  want to change pick?

fryguy518

mojo123

Lodi
Waunakee
Sauk Prairie
Fort Atty
Deforest
Baraboo
Stoughton

fastnfurious

Lodi
Waunakee
Sauk
Monroe
DeForest
Baraboo
Stoughton

fastnfurious

Wow. That's twice already this year that my picks have lost on a tiebreaker. Just my luck  :(.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: fastnfurious on January 12, 2017, 09:45:50 PM
Wow. That's twice already this year that my picks have lost on a tiebreaker. Just my luck  :(.

Weight   Summary   MILT   SAPR
220   Vincent Walsh (Sauk Prairie) over Jordan Hergert (Milton) (Fall 1:03)   0   6
285   Tom Rakestraw (Milton) over Konnor McNeal (Sauk Prairie) (Dec 3-1)   3   0
106   Mason Dutcher (Milton) over Dawson Enge (Sauk Prairie) (Fall 1:55)   6   0
113   Dalton Shea (Milton) over Zeke Smith (Sauk Prairie) (Dec 2-0)   3   0
120   Braeden Whitehead (Milton) over Dylan Herbrand (Sauk Prairie) (Dec 9-3)   3   0
126   Gavin Lankey (Sauk Prairie) over Tyler Kersten (Milton) (Dec 6-2)   0   3
132   Tommy Lehman (Sauk Prairie) over Austin Harms (Milton) (Dec 3-1)   0   3
138   Levi Garrett (Milton) over Kyle Johnson (Sauk Prairie) (Fall 1:55)   6   0
145   Drew Fjoser (Sauk Prairie) over Vince Digennaro (Milton) (Fall 0:32)   0   6
152   Matt Bradley (Sauk Prairie) over Jordan Stivarius (Milton) (Dec 6-2)   0   3
160   Nick Richards (Milton) over Miguel Elizondo (Sauk Prairie) (Dec 1-0)   3   0
170   Bryant Schaaf (Sauk Prairie) over Killian Jauch (Milton) (Fall 3:27)   0   6
182   Billy Pitzner (Milton) over Kyle Benish (Sauk Prairie) (Fall 0:38)   6   0
195   Logan Moore (Sauk Prairie) over Jerry Lipke (Milton) (Dec 3-2)   0   3

Milton wins on tiebreaker I      ----     1   0

Team Score:   31   30

I wonder if the criteria got down to most nearfalls?

Mack

Quote from: ElectricGuy on January 13, 2017, 09:13:13 AM
Quote from: fastnfurious on January 12, 2017, 09:45:50 PM
Wow. That's twice already this year that my picks have lost on a tiebreaker. Just my luck  :(.

Weight   Summary   MILT   SAPR
220   Vincent Walsh (Sauk Prairie) over Jordan Hergert (Milton) (Fall 1:03)   0   6
285   Tom Rakestraw (Milton) over Konnor McNeal (Sauk Prairie) (Dec 3-1)   3   0
106   Mason Dutcher (Milton) over Dawson Enge (Sauk Prairie) (Fall 1:55)   6   0
113   Dalton Shea (Milton) over Zeke Smith (Sauk Prairie) (Dec 2-0)   3   0
120   Braeden Whitehead (Milton) over Dylan Herbrand (Sauk Prairie) (Dec 9-3)   3   0
126   Gavin Lankey (Sauk Prairie) over Tyler Kersten (Milton) (Dec 6-2)   0   3
132   Tommy Lehman (Sauk Prairie) over Austin Harms (Milton) (Dec 3-1)   0   3
138   Levi Garrett (Milton) over Kyle Johnson (Sauk Prairie) (Fall 1:55)   6   0
145   Drew Fjoser (Sauk Prairie) over Vince Digennaro (Milton) (Fall 0:32)   0   6
152   Matt Bradley (Sauk Prairie) over Jordan Stivarius (Milton) (Dec 6-2)   0   3
160   Nick Richards (Milton) over Miguel Elizondo (Sauk Prairie) (Dec 1-0)   3   0
170   Bryant Schaaf (Sauk Prairie) over Killian Jauch (Milton) (Fall 3:27)   0   6
182   Billy Pitzner (Milton) over Kyle Benish (Sauk Prairie) (Fall 0:38)   6   0
195   Logan Moore (Sauk Prairie) over Jerry Lipke (Milton) (Dec 3-2)   0   3

Milton wins on tiebreaker I      ----     1   0

Team Score:   31   30

I wonder if the criteria got down to most nearfalls?

Yep. You nailed it.  They got down to the 9th criteria for tie breakers.  Milton had 3 near fall points. Sauk had 2.   Not sure how many tie breaking criteria they have, but one of our Sauk wrestlers suggested settling it by  ruling on which team had the best shoe game.  Another parent suggested the coaches wrestle to settle the thing.  :)   

Hate losing, but respect to Milton, and their program and fans.  It was a great atmosphere, and the best possible entertainment.  

ElectricGuy

Thanks for the update Mack -  I don't know if this is exactly correct - but this is one I found.   At least it didn't get down to the flip.... 

Tell us more ...  Packed house?   I'm guessing pretty loud by that last match?

a. The team whose opposing wrestlers or team personnel has been penalized the greater number of team points for flagrant misconduct or unsportsmanlike conduct shall be declared the winner.

b. The team whose opposing head coach has been penalized the greater number of team points for coach misconduct shall be declared the winner.

c. The team whose opposing wrestlers were penalized the greater number of match points for unsportsmanlike conduct during a match shall be declared the winner.

d. The team having won the greater number of matches (including forfeits) shall be declared the winner.

e. The team having accumulated the greater number of points for falls, defaults, forfeits, or disqualifications shall be declared the winner.

f. The team having the greater number of points for technical falls shall be declared the winner.

g. The team having the greater number of points for major decisions shall be declared the winner.

h. The team having the greater number (total match points) of first point(s) shall be declared the winner.

i. The team having the greater number of points for near-falls shall be declared the winner.

j. The team having the greater number of takedowns shall be declared the winner.

k. The team having the greater number of reversals shall be declared the winner.

l. The team having the greater number of escapes shall be declared the winner.

m. The team whose opponent has been penalized more often for stalling will be declared the winner.

n. The team whose opponent has been warned more often for stalling will be declared the winner.

o. The team whose opponent has the greater number of points for all other infractions (i.e. false starts) shall be declared the winner.

p. If none of the above resolve the tie, a flip of a disk will determine the winner.

ElectricGuy

Quote from: fryguy518 on January 10, 2017, 09:43:17 AM
Lodi over Defo
Fort over Monroe
Defo over Mt Horeb
Boo over Portage
Stoughton over MG

Your 0-2 going into tonight - not going to make up much ground at that pace.   ;)    I'll grant you that one of the losses because you can't pick against your team.

Do you know the Deforest / Lodi final?

fryguy518

Fryguy crashes and burns this week.   Ouch!!!!!   Not sure on Defo and Lodi.

Mack

Quote from: ElectricGuy on January 13, 2017, 09:46:06 AM
Thanks for the update Mack -  I don't know if this is exactly correct - but this is one I found.   At least it didn't get down to the flip.... 

Tell us more ...  Packed house?   I'm guessing pretty loud by that last match?

a. The team whose opposing wrestlers or team personnel has been penalized the greater number of team points for flagrant misconduct or unsportsmanlike conduct shall be declared the winner.

b. The team whose opposing head coach has been penalized the greater number of team points for coach misconduct shall be declared the winner.

c. The team whose opposing wrestlers were penalized the greater number of match points for unsportsmanlike conduct during a match shall be declared the winner.

d. The team having won the greater number of matches (including forfeits) shall be declared the winner.

e. The team having accumulated the greater number of points for falls, defaults, forfeits, or disqualifications shall be declared the winner.

f. The team having the greater number of points for technical falls shall be declared the winner.

g. The team having the greater number of points for major decisions shall be declared the winner.

h. The team having the greater number (total match points) of first point(s) shall be declared the winner.

i. The team having the greater number of points for near-falls shall be declared the winner.

j. The team having the greater number of takedowns shall be declared the winner.

k. The team having the greater number of reversals shall be declared the winner.

l. The team having the greater number of escapes shall be declared the winner.

m. The team whose opponent has been penalized more often for stalling will be declared the winner.

n. The team whose opponent has been warned more often for stalling will be declared the winner.

o. The team whose opponent has the greater number of points for all other infractions (i.e. false starts) shall be declared the winner.

p. If none of the above resolve the tie, a flip of a disk will determine the winner.

Very interesting.  Thanks.  There were a lot of people there.  I guess it was loud. Things got kinda fuzzy at the end with all the blood rushing to my head.  :)