Lance Briggs lands on IR; career with Bears could be over

Started by TomM, November 28, 2014, 11:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Lance Briggs lands on IR; career with Bears could be over
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/lance-briggs-lands-on-ir--career-with-bears-could-be-over-225806130.html

1-Briggs was injured a lot this year, missing a lot of playing time.
2-Recently made comments about being bored and daydreaming during review sessions.  Thought was on 'how much time is left' during meetings... told the Chicago media this.
3-Today, before team announced he was inactive for next week, he told media it would be at least two weeks out of action.

My 'reading between the lines' is Briggs decided he'd 'had it' with the Bears this season and starting being a bit disruptive in a passive aggressive manner.  So with this latest injury the administration (coaching staff or whom ever) decided it was better to have him gone, than sitting around being a negative influence.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

neutral

Too bad ... had a great career until last year.

It was surprising to hear him say that - but I don't think he was being disruptive.  He had a bad PR week a couple weeks ago ... and an injury to recover from - which combined with no longer being the clear-cut favorite to be on the field ... and the team going nowhere ... leaves him thinking his place is not on the field.  

I would be very surprised if he doesn't hang with the team and try to help where he can with player development (for the balance of this year) like Tillman has (although he has never been the Bear through & through that Tillman has been).  They wouldn't allow that if they considered him a disruptive influence.

I think those are really wide spaces between the lines you are reading, Tom.
(reporter) ... "Rocky ... do you think you've got brain damage?"
(Rocky) ....... "I don't see any."

imnofish

Alas, all good things must come to an end.   :P    I hope he's saved his money!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

littleguy301

I just think that at some point, some players are not going to keep going through certain situations.

I always thought Briggs was a good player and I hope he will be fine.

I do respect "Peanut" for being such a team guy for all these years. Hard to find those kind of players in this day and age.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

bkraus

He recently opened a BBQ restaurant somewhere down south.  Scrutiny was put into that when he skipped a practice to go to the opening.  Shortly after was when he admitted the whole team meeting things.  Something tells me he will not only not be in Chicago next year, but will not be in Chicago next week.
Strive for Perfection