Steinberg: A new era erupts in college sports

Started by TomM, August 09, 2014, 06:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Steinberg: A new era erupts in college sports 
Daily Pilot
This shift poses a threat to sports like college wrestling and threatens the continuance of money-losing sports. The role of the university in providing ...
http://www.dailypilot.com/sports/tn-dpt-sp-0809-obannon-ncaa-steinberg-20140808,0,6204001.story

Quote....This shift poses a threat to sports like college wrestling and threatens the continuance of money-losing sports. The role of the university in providing the most students with the most opportunity to learn from sports is threatened.....
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Handles II

A bad move by the NCAA. I'd also like to make a point, a HUGE point regarding money losing sports. The majority of Division 1 football and basketball programs are money losing. Let's get that point clear and out in the public at large.

MNbadger

Good point Handles.  I have beaten that drum for many years among my aquaintances too.
I always laugh when football teams rave about getting into a bowl game.  Yes, they get money but the majority of teams make bowls, why so excited?
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan