Started by TomM, June 22, 2014, 08:55:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

Burger, mayo, tomato, lettuce, melted muenster, dab o homemade bbq sauce on a lightly buttered, toasted hard roll (preferably Canfora), and I'm good.

Save the grill for chicken. Go caste iron and you control every aspect of that burger's life.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

ramjet

not bad G but hand burger cooked over maple coals is hard to best but I agree the flat top,or cast iron is an excellent way to get that char on an good 80-20 burger.

Nice hard roll toasted, lettuce, tomato, nice big slice of raw sweet onion, home made 1000 Island Dressing, melted slab of 6-year old sharp cheddar, that's my favorite.

bigG

I'm an 80-20 guy, too. Need that fat. I haven't had any maple laying around for years; but have all the apple wood you could shake a stick at. An apple wood stick.

ramjet

Quote from: bigG on July 02, 2014, 08:55:37 AM
I'm an 80-20 guy, too. Need that fat. I haven't had any maple laying around for years; but have all the apple wood you could shake a stick at. An apple wood stick.

oh applewood is awesome just not as hot as maple but as good for sure. Mesquite how good would that be?

I made guy a vertical rotisserie for his fire pit from steel,he just loves cooking with it.......

bigG

Depends more on the dry of the apple wood or maple. I'm always told all wood has the same BTUs; just the way it dries that makes the difference. Heated my whole winter off a birch two years ago. Easy cutting; just needed tons of drying time.