Helping pay for summer camps.

Started by Hoople, May 13, 2014, 11:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoople

Would like some information on how wrestling clubs can help sponsor wrestlers for summer camps or assist those who need financial help. Without getting into trouble with the WIAA, how can our club help those who can't afford camp fees?

catzfan

you have to pay the same amount for each HS wrestler that wants to participate. whether you should pay the camp directly or the school is up to your coach how they want to do it.

bulldog

Not 100% sure on this but if you have a booster club couldn't the booster club have a camp fundraiser and the kids could work the fund raiser to raise money for themselves for camp? The more hours you work on the fund raiser the more money you can raise for yourself for the camp. Or does the booster club have to give equal shares to all athletes regardless of who puts in the time?

catzfan

equal shares to all athletes in that sport have to be given by the booster clubs

imnofish

Years ago, I used to donate my coaching pay to a group that anonymously distributed that money for various summer camp scholarships, not just athletic camps.  Maybe that option should be explored.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

MarkK

that's great fish.  Not too excited about kids having to split costs equally for those who don't even work hard to raise the money.   I would look into that more.   That certainly sounds well ... fishy
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. Benjamin Franklin

imnofish

Quote from: MarkK on May 15, 2014, 08:04:28 AM
that's great fish.  Not too excited about kids having to split costs equally for those who don't even work hard to raise the money.   I would look into that more.   That certainly sounds well ... fishy
I had nothing to do with it...  honest!!!!   :D
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!