Sparta Freestyle/Greco tournament on April 19th

Started by kabrvi, April 14, 2014, 10:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kabrvi

You can register through track and we are taking walk-ups (Walk-up Registrations being held from 6:30 pm to 8 pm on Friday night during the officials clinic ***There is no Saturday walk-in registration).

Registration is only $12 dollars which includes both styles.  The same folks that run the Menomonie tournament are helping Sparta with our tournament so it should go smoothly.

There will be 5 full mats and plenty of room at the middle school.

Contact the following with questions:

Melissa Bailey 608-567-7689 jkmsbaileyfamily@hotmail.com

Darcie Larrieu 715-309-9640 ldlarrieu@gmail.com

Hope to see you there.

kabrvi

Super 8 in Sparta is offering a special rate for anyone attending the tournament. Give them a call at 608-269-8489 and mention the tournament. They have an indoor pool, whirlpool and serve breakfast.

bigG

The owner of that hotel is a very nice local gal who is very supportive of Sparta athletics; and a member of the Sparta Athletic Hall of Fame. Nice clean place with a pool and hot tub. Nice continental breakfast; but the place across the street has one of the best breakfasts you can get.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

kabrvi

Due to unforeseen circumstances, the "Live Streaming" component mentioned on the flier for Sparta's tournament will not take place.

We apologize.

kabrvi

Good Morning All,

The Sparta Wrestling Club would like to sincerely thank the families and wrestlers that attended our Freestyle and Greco tournament this weekend.  With 195 entrants, the undertaking turned out to be more attended than we anticipated.  However, with the high participation, there was excellent wrestling everywhere and opportunities for wrestlers to get good matches in against the right competition.

It is my hope that most will agree when I say it ran very well and in general was a quality tournament and a positive wrestling experience.

In addition to the folks from Menomonie assisting Sparta's tournament, we need to thank those from other clubs and communities who helped with tables and scoring where we needed help.  The wrestling community is filled with generous and willing people and it showed that this Saturday. 

Thanks again everyone,

The Sparta Wrestling Club.

bulldog

kabrvi - I thought the tournament ran well. Sure, it was a bit long but that is expected with 200 wrestlers and both greco and freestyle. I would say the only "complaint" was lack of understanding...or maybe consistency of the GR/FR rules by the refs. And it really should not be a complaint because I think the refs may not have a great grasp on the new rules yet either so it really isn't their fault. Calls questioned and scores adjusting probably added time to the day that if the rules were clear the day could have been a bit shorter. But in general the tournament ran fine. Keep up the good work

BRF Wrestling

Thanks again for having the tourny thought everything went great. It was especially nice to have the officials go over some of the new rule changes. Looking forward to next year.
NO PAIN...NO PAIN...