D3 Sect. B - Bonduel (at Shawano) (Team Sect. - Manawa//I vs. III; II vs. IV)

Started by TomM, January 26, 2014, 06:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big House

People are always gonna talk and to tell you the truth, I love it. I love the attention.
I do what I do because it puts a smile on my face . . . and I'm the only person in the world that matters. - Jenna Jameson

DarkKnight

Quote from: Willie on February 06, 2014, 01:11:05 PM
Not sure if people know this but the siolka cousins have switched weights. Garrett is 113 and Austin is 120, with that being said Garrett will contend to win 113.

How much better is Garrett than Austin? I guess we will find out tomorrow, with Blanchard vs Garrett Siolka. Should be a good match, I'm still going to favor our Coleman guy slightly.

firemanscarry

160 should be an extremely fun weight to watch with three very good guys and a couple of pretty good guys who might just have a good day.  Man, I like the looks of that weight in semifinals and finals and possibly wrestleback.

Tomorrow's regionals going to be really interesting as some of the bigger guys shuffle around (I'm guessing, no inside info.)  Up until a little bit ago I was thinking that Steinhorst was going to be in the mix at 195 or 220, but then realized Kewaunee isn't in the Bonduel Sectional anymore.  Gotta get ready for a sore back and butt next Sunday, because I think my big old hind-end is going to be sitting on a bleacher for a long time on Saturday because the action with the big guys is going to be too good to miss.

Is there really a better feeling as a spectator than watching a kid who wasn't positive his lifelong dream of going to State was coming true until that final whistle in his semi-final win?  It's not just seeing the happy kid.  It's watching his parents cry in the stands and knowing the hours the whole family has dedicated to his journey.  I gotta say, as much as I love football, it just can't beat that moment for me.
"If ya wanna be the man, ya gotta beat the man!"

DarkKnight

Some good finals going on....Quite a few upsets. Its a good day of wrestling

firemanscarry

Heiden and Sersch from Stratford went down to 126 and 120 respectively.  Both won their regional.  Anthony Marten wrestled 132 for Stratford and won it as well.  Marten is a 23-4 senior and wasn't listed anywhere in the rankings.  That seems odd to me.  Be interesting to see where he fits in at Sectionals.

DarkKnight

yes sir. Marten and Lansin are going to have a heck of a match Tuesday night.

RollTide

Quote from: firemanscarry on February 15, 2014, 03:35:30 PM
Heiden and Sersch from Stratford went down to 126 and 120 respectively.  Both won their regional.  Anthony Marten wrestled 132 for Stratford and won it as well.  Marten is a 23-4 senior and wasn't listed anywhere in the rankings.  That seems odd to me.  Be interesting to see where he fits in at Sectionals.
Is trackwrestling wrong?  The show Sersch taking second at the regional.

DarkKnight

Quote from: RollTide on February 16, 2014, 09:11:16 AM
Quote from: firemanscarry on February 15, 2014, 03:35:30 PM
Is trackwrestling wrong?  The show Sersch taking second at the regional.

I don't think its wrong. Firemanscarry just made the wrong assumption, which is alright.

firemanscarry

I don't know how I misread that on Sersch.  The Sectional bracket has him in a number two slot, also.  Well, let's pretend that it was temporarily listed incorrectly and later corrected!  That's my story, and I'm going to stick with it, no matter how unlikely it is.

Speaking of me being misinformed... I had more than one source tell me Dondrick Tackes was injured and wouldn't wrestle regionals.  Imagine my surprise seeing him listed in the sectional brackets.  Then I went back and looked at the the regional brackets.  There were only two wrestlers in the regional at 195.  In the finals, Dittman from Edgar injury-defaulted to Tackes.  So, maybe I was right.  He didn't actually wrestle at the regional.  Nobody did.

firemanscarry

How does the Sectional look as far as providing a lot of placewinners at State this year?  It seems like Edgar doesn't have quite as many studs as they have in the past few years, but have a couple guys who should place.  Coleman should probably have a few placewinners.  The rest of the teams strike me as having one here and there.

I don't follow things statewide as much.  Do we look like we're getting our usual number of placewinners when it's all done?

wrastle63

I see lots of potential for state champs and place-winners. A few favories for state titles include 113 Glinecki 126 Schaal 132 Krueger 145 Seewald and Lemanski both could be in finals 160 Karban 170 Wedepohl 182 Fielding possibly 195 Tackes