Menomonie 27 Hudson 24

Started by The Last Ride, December 12, 2013, 10:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Last Ride

Just got back from a great dual in Hudson. Menomonie and Hudson were tied 24-24 with one match left. Last match was tied in the 3rd period  and Menomomie pulled it out in the end. 27-24.  Hudson won 7 matches and Menomonie won 7 matches. It was won of the longest duals I have attended. Good matches, lots of blood time. OT matches. Thanks to all the kids on both teams for giving us a great show.
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Mustang Fan

Agree a great duel between two rivals !!! ;)

TomM

Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

The Last Ride

Wow... Was this reporter at the match? Or did they just look at Trackwrestling. The match started at 138. Menomonie was never ahead 27-12. Hudson was up 6-3 after the first 3 matches. Menomonie won the next 3 from 160 to 182. Score was 16-6 Menomonie. Then Hudson won 4 in a row
from 195 to 106. Score was Hudson 21 Menomonie 16. Then Menomonie had 2 majors and Hudson had a decision. 24-24 going into last match. Menomonie won it with a reversal in the last secs of the match. Also, the article says for the second year in a row the Mustangs upset The Raiders... Menomonie won by 10 last year and all of their kids execpt Eric P back. Hudson was very close to pulling off the upset.. Great match.. The article told a very different story and was fictional.   ;) They did get the final score right though..
"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda

Pheasant 1984

I sat by a Hudson parent during the match. Had a great time bs ing during the match. Very exciting match!
You are only as good as you practice! Practice like a champion to become a champion!

bigG

Sounds like a war. Wish I'd been there.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.