Vikings vs Packers 10-27-2013

Started by TomM, October 23, 2013, 11:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSnide

Quote from: aarons23 on October 27, 2013, 10:26:54 PM
So what you think Jennings was saying to Rogers? " take me back man...please tell them to take me back! ". Lol

Rogers was busy pointing out how Miles White was way more productive tonight.  Heck, Eddie Lacey had a better receiving night than Jennings. 

Waiting for Jennins' sister to take to twitter again;D
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

bigG

LOL!!

Youse guyz are too much.

I always thought Jennings carried himself well, here.

My God does Ponder look lost out there.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

bkraus

Quote of the night on TV came from Hines Ward at halftime...  "When you have an elite QB, you don't leave for more money."
Strive for Perfection

TomM

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1827064-green-bay-packers-vs-minnesota-vikings-live-grades-and-analysis-for-minnesota?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=minnesota-vikings

PACKERS 44, VIKINGS 31

At Minneapolis, Aaron Rodgers threw for 285 yards and two touchdowns, completing 24 of 29 passes, and Jordy Nelson had 123 yards receiving. Micah Hyde returned a punt 93 yards for a touchdown late in the second quarter, and Eddie Lacy rushed for 94 yards and a score for Green Bay (5-2).

Cordarrelle Patterson set an NFL record with a 109-yard return on the opening kickoff and Adrian Peterson rushed for 60 yards and a touchdown for the Vikings (1-6). But Christian Ponder struggled again in his return to the starting lineup and the Packers scored on every possession until they took a knee to end the game.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

littleguy301

Quote from: Goat Roper on October 24, 2013, 07:15:54 AM
There is absolutely no way the Vikings score 28 points.  Maybe 17 if they are lucky.

Your right, they scored 31 ;)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

Quote from: littleguy301 on October 23, 2013, 09:50:02 PM
The Vikes coach said in a round about way that Ponder was starting.

I think the Vikes will put up some points but I also think that they will give up alot more.

40-28 Pack!

Nostra LG,,,,,,,,I felt good about this number and I felt good today that I was close.

There is a good Jack Handy quote in there somewhere ;D

OK,,,I will quite patting my back, just had a nice bright spot today ;D
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

DrSnide

Rogers: knock knock
Jennings: whose there?
Rogers: Jarret Boykin
Jennings: Jarret Boykin who?
Rogers: Exactly

Todd

"This page intentionally left blank".

Todd

Quote from: aarons23 on October 27, 2013, 09:49:34 PM
How about 50 out of 53 players on the roster have only played for Greenbay?  No other team even has 40.  Now that's impressive.

That is incredible.  Another was no punts and scoring on evrry possession!

The best thing to come of this game was no new injuries. The team Ted has assembled is proof that preseason for the Packers means nothing.  Ted and Mac has the team ready to step up regardless of what level player is in there.  Preseason does little except injure players before the season starts.
"This page intentionally left blank".

DrSnide

Quote from: Todd on October 29, 2013, 09:01:51 AM
How about 50 out of 53 players on the roster have only played for Greenbay?  No other team even has 40.  Now that's impressive.

That is incredible.  Another was no punts and scoring on evrry possession!

The best thing to come of this game was no new injuries. The team Ted has assembled is proof that preseason for the Packers means nothing.  Ted and Mac has the team ready to step up regardless of what level player is in there.  Preseason does little except injure players before the season starts.

Not true, it got a lot of these backups valuable playing time so they are ready to step in.  It just doen't do much for the veterans- that's the other advantage of keeping people on the team long term they got the system down.

DrSnide

Quote from: Goat Roper on October 29, 2013, 09:04:54 AM
Quote from: Todd on October 29, 2013, 09:01:51 AM
How about 50 out of 53 players on the roster have only played for Greenbay?  No other team even has 40.  Now that's impressive.

That is incredible.  Another was no punts and scoring on evrry possession!

The best thing to come of this game was no new injuries. The team Ted has assembled is proof that preseason for the Packers means nothing.  Ted and Mac has the team ready to step up regardless of what level player is in there.  Preseason does little except injure players before the season starts.
+1
And the fact that the "subs" are expected to step right in without a drop-off in production.

It is amazing that other teams don't follow this way of doing business.

You need a really, really, good GM to build/maintain a team this way who is also willing to let the Favres, Jennings, Jenkins go a bit early rather than a bit late even though it may not be popular and not sign free agents for inflated contracts even if that is what is "popular" with the fans.  Which may be a different way of saying you need a top notch GM with full suport of the organization which is probably eaiser without an ego driven owner like Jerry Jones meddling.