Trade with Browns?

Started by DrSnide, October 27, 2013, 04:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrSnide

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24147591/nfl-trade-deadline-notes-49ers-patriots-lions-ravens-colts-eyeing-wrs

According to this (and pretty sure I don't believe it all) the Browns are willing to trade both Gordon and their TE Cameron.  Cameron is a pretty good TE and only 25.  Would the Packers be interested in him as a replacement for Finley this year and beyond?  Normally would not think so but at only 25 pretty good insurance for the future and needed piece for the offense this year.

I'm just not sure why the Browns would do this but it it the Browns.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

TomM

Radio guys (yes... the guys who know everything 8)) suggested today that Gordon has had some off field issues making him less than desirable to some teams.  Jus what I heard on the radio.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

DrSnide

Quote from: TomM on October 27, 2013, 11:16:54 PM
Radio guys (yes... the guys who know everything 8)) suggested today that Gordon has had some off field issues making him less than desirable to some teams.  Jus what I heard on the radio.

Gordon is coming off a 4 game suspension and I think facing a full season next time.  Can't imagine TT wanting any part of that.  I would be way more interested in Cameron, I think this offense needs a goof TE be its best.  Obviously trades are not TT's thing though.
Learn the rules like a pro so you can break them like an artist - Pablo Picasso

TomM

I think you are correct on all counts.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

The Last Ride

"Do or do not. There is no try."

– Yoda