top-ten-discontinued-sodas

Started by Houndhead, September 11, 2013, 07:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigG

My parents couldn't believe it when I asked for one one night when we went out to eat.

My mom even had me reiterate "TAB?! You mean like gramma drinks?!"

Black Bear in thick bottles was still my baby. Didn't matter the flavor. Beautiful clear bottles in white, cola, cherry, grape, grapefruit, sour etc. Graf's white soda was great, too, and their Root Beer was good for floats. The only way to get A&W was to go to an A&W. I liked Dog 'N Suds, too.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

littleguy301

Rondo and Slice were some of my favorite teenage drinks.

Hadnt thought of them in years until now.

If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

imnofish

Back in the 60's, near our high school in Dixon, Illinois, there was a little eatery that sold awesome homemade root beer.  Best soft drink I've ever had!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigG

Slice was too burpy for me.

Homemade root beer is the bomb.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

imnofish

Quote from: bigG on September 16, 2013, 06:28:00 AM
Slice was too burpy for me.

Homemade root beer is the bomb.

Reportedly, the guy made his own fries; then used the potato peels to make the root beer.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Kjohnson

Near the end of October, the A&W stand would close for the season. On the last day the owner would give out free root beer until it was gone. Couldn't save it for next year. All the kids would drink root beer until we were sick. 

Houndhead

Quote from: imnofish on September 15, 2013, 07:20:34 PM
Back in the 60's, near our high school in Dixon, Illinois, there was a little eatery that sold awesome homemade root beer.  Best soft drink I've ever had!

I remember making root beer when we were kids. I wonder if my mom still has the bottle capper?

imnofish

Quote from: Kjohnson on September 16, 2013, 12:49:03 PM
Near the end of October, the A&W stand would close for the season. On the last day the owner would give out free root beer until it was gone. Couldn't save it for next year. All the kids would drink root beer until we were sick. 

Sounds awesome!  Which is more memorable - the gluttonous root beer consumption or the full stomach?