Future NCAA’s

Started by wrestle_4ever, March 24, 2024, 07:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestle_4ever

The City of Fountains was good to me this weekend!!

That being said, can't stop looking forward to future championships!!

Anyone know where they will held in the next years?? When will Madison host ??!

If Mad-town gets the bid, I will be on state street for the entire three days!
Would be a great way to get Wisconsin excited about the sport!
It ain't the six minutes...it's what happens in that six minutes

MNbadger

I think I remeber them saying next year was Philadelphia.  They also mentioned subsequent years, one was Ohio, can't remember the other.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

DocWrestling

Philadelphia in 2025,  Cleveland in 2026
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

imwi

Where would Madison hold it?  I don't think the Kohl Center is big enough

GrappleGuy

Quote from: imwi on March 24, 2024, 08:32:41 PMWhere would Madison hold it?  I don't think the Kohl Center is big enough

The Kohl Centers capacity is only 1500 or so less than the T-Mobile Center (This years venue). I think it would probably be feasible to have Madison host. Would be a great atmosphere!!

wrestle_4ever

Quote from: GrappleGuy on March 24, 2024, 08:42:22 PM
Quote from: imwi on March 24, 2024, 08:32:41 PMWhere would Madison hold it?  I don't think the Kohl Center is big enough

The Kohl Centers capacity is only 1500 or so less than the T-Mobile Center (This years venue). I think it would probably be feasible to have Madison host. Would be a great atmosphere!!

With the growing interest and popularity of badger wrestling, a kohl center expansion (in order to host the NCAA tournament) seems imminent 

I expect Coach Fickell is a proponent of this as well
It ain't the six minutes...it's what happens in that six minutes

badgerjohn

NCAA rule - can't be on any university campus.
"Common sense rarely survives an encounter with lawyers."  DrSnide 12/28/11

littleguy301

I believe the Twin Cities might be in line for a championship since theirs got canceled in 2020. Not sure when but I believe soon.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

crossface21

Doubt it would happen, but Fiserv in Milwaukee would be a fantastic choice with everything in the area. Not sure they have the space on the floor though for 8 mats.