Predictions for Wi. in the Big Ten Tourney?

Started by gwmiller44, February 26, 2024, 07:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gwmiller44

Really? Think, Wow!

wrestle03

I dont predict any champs.  Both Barnett and Hamiti are going to have more than their hands full.

fightfightfight

125 - will be tough. but very fun to watch. Anywhere from 1-6 a real possibility
133- will be interesting to see the allocations here. needs to find a way to get to the tournament. all about winning the first period for nicolar because he's capable.
149 - would love a top 3-5 finish here. been wrestling his best as of late. if he finishes his shots and gets away, he's in any and every match.
157 - if he penetrates and wins those 50/50 situations, he can make some noise. Hoping he can break through and sneak in to the tournament.
165 - will be fun to watch, obviously. I think if he can get a bit more stingy on his leg defense, he wins it.
174 - looked like an LCL against UNI. Likely what Starocci has. Hopefully can tape it, get some rehab, and be dangerous. He is certainly capable.
184 - will be interesting to see the seeds here, mainly where they seed Rogotske from OSU. Shane is in every match and would love for him to make some noise to get top 3-5. Time to go on a Midlands run!

Unfortunately know what we have with 141, 197, and 285. Would love to be surprised and these guys string some together, especially at 285. Anyone is beatable.

Good luck to all the Badger wrestlers. Excited to watch in a couple weeks!

littleguy301

Quote from: fightfightfight on February 27, 2024, 09:47:59 AM125 - will be tough. but very fun to watch. Anywhere from 1-6 a real possibility
133- will be interesting to see the allocations here. needs to find a way to get to the tournament. all about winning the first period for nicolar because he's capable.
149 - would love a top 3-5 finish here. been wrestling his best as of late. if he finishes his shots and gets away, he's in any and every match.
157 - if he penetrates and wins those 50/50 situations, he can make some noise. Hoping he can break through and sneak in to the tournament.
165 - will be fun to watch, obviously. I think if he can get a bit more stingy on his leg defense, he wins it.
174 - looked like an LCL against UNI. Likely what Starocci has. Hopefully can tape it, get some rehab, and be dangerous. He is certainly capable.
184 - will be interesting to see the seeds here, mainly where they seed Rogotske from OSU. Shane is in every match and would love for him to make some noise to get top 3-5. Time to go on a Midlands run!

Unfortunately know what we have with 141, 197, and 285. Would love to be surprised and these guys string some together, especially at 285. Anyone is beatable.

Good luck to all the Badger wrestlers. Excited to watch in a couple weeks!

Also where they seed rogotski brother? Early match up? Brother against brother and wild style vs wild style. Bet that match happened at least once in the past!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

PAUL

Good summary - it's so Dang tough.  I think if they got 2 guys to the finals and 2 other guys to the top 6 and maybe a couple more in the top 8 that would be a pretty good tournament for them.  I could be wrong, but it seems like as a team they have somewhat under-performed expectations in these big meets the last couple of years - it would be a fantastic time for them to peak and have a great tournament. 

Wrestling Thug

I think Hamiti will win his weight. I predict it'll be against Caliendo! Messinbrink was fading against Caliendo and you could see Canliendo was gaining confidence. Caliendo for the upset in the semis and Ham and whole wheat for the champ!

wrestle03

I think next time around Messenbrink handles Caliendo's pressure much better - Messenbrink is the better wrestlier and i dont know if there is anyone esle at that weight who is better on their feet than Messenbrink.  Gonna be some great battles to watch and see how everything unfold!

Army Ant

Hamiti has a chance, but 70% chance Messenbrink beats him.