Covid Vaccine

Started by thequad, November 19, 2020, 12:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thequad

What are the possibilities or effects if we get a vaccine by the first of the year ?
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

1Iota

Quote from: thequad on November 19, 2020, 12:18:29 PM
What are the possibilities or effects if we get a vaccine by the first of the year ?

It's not going to have any impact on the wrestling season.  Distribution of the vaccine is going to be a major challenge, and the first recipients will be health care workers, followed by the most vulnerable.  It won't be until late spring or early summer that it will be available to the masses.  Now, if the WIAA were to delay the season than it could possible have an impact. 

bigoil

Quote from: 1Iota on November 19, 2020, 01:02:21 PM

It's not going to have any impact on the wrestling season.  Distribution of the vaccine is going to be a major challenge, and the first recipients will be health care workers, followed by the most vulnerable.  It won't be until late spring or early summer that it will be available to the masses.  Now, if the WIAA were to delay the season than it could possible have an impact.
How about we get refs on that list of first to get the vaccine. If you listen to most sporting crowds, most of the refs are blind and senile, that has to qualify them for top of the list ;D

littleguy301

Quote from: 1Iota on November 19, 2020, 01:02:21 PM

I read that high schoolers are way down on the list due to how little the effect of covid are to them. Go figure that with all the hub-bub over cancelling high school and college events ::)
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet