Passivity... oof duh

Started by Oldtimer, May 21, 2018, 10:29:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldtimer

Watching the WTT challenge tournament was awesome.  So many solid matches.  I really think the committees need to look at this new passivity rule.  It's way to subjective.  I believe it cost Frank Molinaro his shot.  He wrestled 3 matches against Jason Chamberlain.  Chamberlain made, maybe 3 attempts to score in total.  Molinaro was pushing the action but Chamberlain was skilled at stopping all attempts.  Yet Molinaro was put on the clock for passivity multiple times.  This should never have happened.  Chamberlain goes to final X, Molinaro not because one opponent blocked everything and the referee called passivity for the aggressor and not the blocker.  FYI, I'm not a Molinaro homer... I just felt the way the rules are now, or was called, cost him the title.

Second case in point.  Steiber takes a good hard shot that was defended.  He backs out to reset and gets called for passivity.

There were many more times I was shaking my head.  Passivity on the shot clock in the first minute with both wrestlers working their butts off to gain position.

It's out of hand folks... There's got to be a better way.

Bob
Beware of the northern sleeper