NCAA Wrestling Challenge

Started by Micah, March 06, 2018, 09:46:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Micah

Sorry I was slacking and didn't run a B10 Challenge, needed a break after the HS season.  I am going to help run Fantasy Wrestling for the NCAA tournament.  Once seeds are listed I will create the team entry form.  If you would like to sign up early you may.  Here is the Site:

https://sites.google.com/site/highrollerwrestling/home

Here are the rules:

The NCAA Challenge will consist of a team with twenty wrestlers.  You will select one wrestler from each of the first 16 seeds and four unseeded wrestlers.  You may select as many wrestlers as you want from any weight class, there are no restrictions as long as you select a team of twenty wrestlers.  You cannot select the same wrestler more than once.  Trackwrestling scoring will be used

Micah

Entry forms are now ready via google docs anyone wanting to play is welcome.  Here is the link to page with the form: https://sites.google.com/site/highrollerwrestling/ncaa-challenge-2018

stbird

I'm in!  Still working on my selections!  Those unseeded slots are really tough this year as are lots of other spots!

Razor Ramon

In as well. This is one of my favorite parts of the NCAA's each year. Bringing home the ship this year!

wrastle63

Numbers

1-Zain
2-Coon
3-Nolf
4-Suriano
5-S. Rasheed
6-W. Miklus
7-Venz
8-N. Lee
9-Max Dean
10-E. Wick
11 M.Kolodzak
12-Y.Hemida
13-C McCrystal
14-A. Crone
15-T. Haines
16-M. D'Angelo
NS1-H.Ritter
NS2-C. Redd
NS3-J Sabastian
NS4-J. Short

stbird

Yea, this takes some serious bracketology!  My heart was getting in the way for a while.  I had a ton of Badgers in there!  I redid my picks about 5 times.  We'll see what happens.  National Champion on Fantasy Grade last year so the pressure is on! 

wrastle63

Quote from: Luke Louison on March 15, 2018, 03:23:13 PM
I have no clue what's good, at this point. I've got 32.5.

I've gotten a bagel, thus far, from my 12-seed, 13-seed, 16-seed, and one of my four unseeded guys. I've got 7 guys in the consolation bracket and 13 still fighting for quarters (1 through 11, 14, and 15).

How's everyone else doing?
Not good. I have 4 in the consolation brackets but 3 of them are unseeded guys.

wrastle63

Quote from: Luke Louison on March 15, 2018, 03:33:52 PM
Quote from: wrastle63 on March 15, 2018, 03:27:08 PM
Quote from: Luke Louison on March 15, 2018, 03:23:13 PM
I have no clue what's good, at this point. I've got 32.5.

I've gotten a bagel, thus far, from my 12-seed, 13-seed, 16-seed, and one of my four unseeded guys. I've got 7 guys in the consolation bracket and 13 still fighting for quarters (1 through 11, 14, and 15).

How's everyone else doing?
Not good. I have 4 in the consolation brackets but 3 of them are unseeded guys.

I thought it might be bad to lose three seeded guys in the first round. That said, three of my four unseeded guys did get wins before losing. How many do you have with a "0" thus far? All four? I only have four. Also, I have 11 bonus point victories (4 Pins, 3 Techs, 4 Majors). I bet 32.5 is a pretty good score.

I just checked the page, which is already updated. 32.5 is the top score.
Lots of bonus but 7 backside is not good.

wrastle63

Also have the least wrestlers left of anyone besides 2 teams with 15. Had good bonus, but hurt not having wrestlers remaining. I still have 18 left.

wrastle63

Quote from: Luke Louison on March 16, 2018, 10:12:35 AM
Is there are reason you're keeping your score a secret?

I'm aware of my standing. I'm three points clear of the field. If your still alive wrestler doesn't win another match, he's effectively out, already. Even if he does win a match on the backside, it's an extra 0.5.

For example, I've got one of the four 16-seeds who have been eliminated, so if you've got McKee, Weaver, Bannister, Chavez, Brucki, or Ellingwood, you've got an extra still alive wrestler on me. Yet, I've got the highest scoring 16-seed thus far. When you consider that every 16-seed is in the consolation, where an extra win is only worth .5, I feel pretty confident I'm going to end up with one of the, if not the, highest scoring 16-seed. Having extra low or unseeded wrestlers left isn't that big of a deal.

What is a big deal is placement points, so if having an extra 12-seed means a chance at sneaking into 8th for placement points, that's valuable (mine's gone). There's still plenty of jocking to be done, but having an extra one or two unseeded guys is pretty unimportant.
What is a big deal is having unseeded wrestlers and low seeds in the bloodround with an opportunity to score big points.

Micah

Nice job on your win!  I will beat you next year!  Not sure if I will run it, but Kalen is trained up now on how to do it. 

Numbers

Quote from: Numbers on March 14, 2018, 11:04:53 PM
1-Zain 25
2-Coon 19
3-Nolf 23
4-Suriano 20.5
5-S. Rasheed 9.5
6-W. Miklus 5.5
7-Venz 17.5
8-N. Lee  11.5
9-Max Dean 6.5
10-E. Wick 18.5
11 M.Kolodzak 13.5
12-Y.Hemida 8.5
13-C McCrystal 1
14-A. Crone 3
15-T. Haines 1.5
16-M. D'Angelo 0
NS1-H.Ritter 2.5
NS2-C. Redd  10
NS3-J Sabastian 2
NS4-J. Short 1
This was the 2nd place team with 199.5 points.  I guess I should have sent the cash in.  The rest of you have no excuse for not scoring more.  How did you forget these #7 to #12 seeds?

stbird

Sweet!  What happens with the tie for 5th place?  Is there a criteria to determine winner or split the money?

Micah

Quote from: stbird on March 18, 2018, 12:19:41 PM
Sweet!  What happens with the tie for 5th place?  Is there a criteria to determine winner or split the money?

They will split the winnings