Season Tickets

Started by Numbers, March 26, 2018, 08:38:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Numbers

If the Badgers sell season tickets next year, how will it work?

Do you get general admission tickets to each event?  Will the barn have reserved seating?  If an event was scheduled/moved to the Kohl Center, how would season ticket holders be impacted?

Reserved seating could benefit fundraising since program donors could be rewarded with the best seats.  When getting good seats becomes an issue, something good is happening.

bigoil

Quote from: Numbers on March 26, 2018, 08:38:18 AM
If the Badgers sell season tickets next year, how will it work?

Do you get general admission tickets to each event?  Will the barn have reserved seating?  If an event was scheduled/moved to the Kohl Center, how would season ticket holders be impacted?

Reserved seating could benefit fundraising since program donors could be rewarded with the best seats.  When getting good seats becomes an issue, something good is happening.
plus 1

bigoil

Quote from: Luke Louison on March 26, 2018, 09:13:43 AM
With all the promotions and things they offer, the total price for entry to every home dual is like $20-$25. There's one day where you just show them something on your phone and get in for $1. Another with club help.

What I'm saying is that the price to entry is so low that the "discount" season tickets might offer is negligible. Just show up. They need your noise more than your money right now.
It isn't the discount, it is the commitment to the program. It is possible to pay more for season tix, again, showing my willingness to commit.

DocWrestling

Volleyball tickets are $5 so very little discount on season tickets but assigned seats would be a big deal.  Wrestling could go to assigned seats.  Problem is that when tickets are so cheap sometimes those with season tickets just skip duals and then many of those good seats are left empty.  Volleyball had this issue

Volleyball is addressing one growth problem this year as they are opening up the upper deck at fieldhouse.  Too many people were buying season tickets and they were selling out but yet when they held matches a ton of seats would be open because people did not come for those matches and did not get rid of tickets.  Not a huge amount of lost money for fans not attending and not using tickets since tickets are so cheap.  Thus they had a ton of open seats but yet were turning away a ton of fans that could not get in because the lower level was sold out.  So this year they are opening up the upper deck.

Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

lizard king

How about Badger wrestling fan club that includes season tickets, (no assigned seats), and maybe a few other small perks?

DocWrestling

I like that idea.  USA wrestling makes a ton of money off of youth wrestlers and clubs.

I still think that our state should have the Badger wrestling Card for maybe $10-$20.  Then get clubs all over the state to require them for youth tournaments.  All the money goes to UW wrestling.

Youth wrestlers could then get a free ticket to a dual, get to meet a wrestler(s) after the dual, a poster, a T-shirt, discount on camps, etc.

Put something together for high school wrestlers and teams.

Lets have the entire state involved and let everyone know there is college wrestling.

Or get every youth wrestling tournament to up its fee by $1 and donate $1/wrestler that attends to Badger wrestling program.

Build this together

DocWrestling

When I said USA wrestling makes a ton of money off of youth wrestlers and clubs that was an exaggeration.

That money goes to funding our national level athletes and coaches so it is not like someone is profiting.  My proposal basically is the same thing but the money would stay in the state and support our home state college D1 program.

To me that works better for having youth folkstyle wrestlers supporting a college folkstyle team they can watch, interact with, and cheer for.

squeeze

I'm pretty sure season tickets for Badger Wrestling was already in the works prior to the coaching change. Not sure what the seating details were going to be, but I believe the plan was to start selling them for next season.

Numbers

@ToddMilewski ยท Apr 20 

One more note from today's Athletic Board meeting: A committee is going to look into selling season tickets for @BadgerWrestling.

Barry Alvarez to the board: "There's a good, strong wrestling core in this state. There may be a high appeal for those tickets as the program grows."

The good news keeps on coming!