Milwaukee Beach Wrestling Scrimmage

Started by CityGuy, May 22, 2017, 12:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityGuy

Bradford Beach Brawl 2017

Milwaukee City Kids Beat the Streets Wrestling Club is hosting a beach wrestling scrimmage at Bradford Beach in Milwaukee, WI on Friday June 30 from 3-7PM. There will be a short rules clinic to start, then a tournament style scrimmage. We will use UWW Beach Rules and try to bracket wrestlers in groups of 4. Weight will be determined based on an honor system. There is a high school and open division. Entry will be free, but donations to City Kids Wrestling Club will be accepted. USA Wrestling card and signed waiver will be required to compete. You can sign up online at citykidswrestling.org. City Kids will provide a referee, table workers and blood clean up. Appropriate gear is fight shorts or swim truck and an optional compression shirt for men. For females fight shorts/swim shorts and compression shirt. Singlets will also be accepted, but shorts work better so you can swim afterwards or between matches. All amenities will be provided via Bradford Beach. Do not bring any food or drinks except for water.

What: UWW Rules Beach Wrestling Tournament
Who: High school and Open division wrestlers
Where: At Bradford Beach in a 7 meter (23 foot) circle
When: June 30, 3-7PM (approximate end time)
How to register: citykidswrestling.org

Thank you,
Coach Kennelly
Milwaukee City Kids Wrestling Club
Beat the Streets: Milwaukee

Bun B

This sounds like a ton of fun! Way to bring wrestling to a place you may not expect it; would love to at least see pictures if I cannot make it

CityGuy

I tried inserting a few pictures here, but I couldn't figure out how. The Beach tournament went really well and was a nice break in the Summer season. We plan on doing it even bigger next year and I will provide info to plan accordingly. There are some pictures posted on citykidswrestling.org if you would like to check out how it looks. Beautiful Lake Michigan in the background and bodies flying in the sand, definitely something worth a try.