Consecutive Conference Championships???

Started by CityGuy, February 06, 2017, 01:21:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bud

Does anyone know who ended Campbellsports 33 year conference win streak? Ill bet that was a crazy night!!
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie!

bigG

Quote from: greysquirrelmobile on February 07, 2017, 06:02:47 PM
North Crawford had a nice run through the 90s and then continued with a NC/ Seneca coo-op.  Not for sure, but thinking 1989-2004. 

They dominated until they combined conferences with Scenic Bluffs. I forget if it was 04 or 05 when they had Cashton down and sat some studs for the finals (many were hurt) at Ithaca HS. Pete was a wild coach. Good times.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Numbers

Quote from: bud on February 07, 2017, 06:10:25 PM
Does anyone know who ended Campbellsports 33 year conference win streak? Ill bet that was a crazy night!!

Believe it was after they moved into the former Eastern Wisconsin Conference.  Two Rivers/Sheboygan Falls/Kewaskum/Plymouth?

Coach Lu

Quote from: bud on February 07, 2017, 06:10:25 PM

Kiel ended Campbellsport's streak....it was one of the most memorable nights of wrestling I have experienced as an athlete.  Tons of energy in the gym...lots of names in that dual who were state place winners...many were finalists!

armandhammer

More people at that meet then is a whole season for some teams.