Oak Creek wrestling coach puts a reversal on meningitis

Started by TomM, March 22, 2016, 06:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

http://www.oakcreeknow.com/sports/oak-creek-wrestling-coach-puts-a-reversal-on-meningitis-b99691855z1-373104011.html

Nachtigall recovers

By Steven L. Tietz
March 22, 2016 12:31 p.m.
"He'd give you the shirt off his back and not allow you to give him your shirt."

— Oak Creek AD Scott Holler on Terry Nachtigall

"He's loved by the guys ... if they're struggling with something (personal), they'll go to him. He's the dad figure; they'll talk to him."

— Oak Creek wrestling coach Matt Sommerville, also on Nachtigall

One only has to take a quick look at the school website photo and the quick description of Meadowview Elementary School physical education teacher and Oak Creek assistant wrestling coach Terry Nachtigall to get an idea about what the guy is passionate about.

The photo of him is small, but his smile, the boat that he is sitting in and the lake that the boat is floating upon are all large.

And the description underneath the picture tells you the essentials of the man: "I have been the physical education teacher at Meadowview for the past 18 years, and I am the varsity assistant wrestling coach at OCHS. I love to fish! GO PACK!"

Nachtigall got out of Froedtert Hospital sometime last weekend, and Sommerville was expecting a phone call from him within a few days.

Read more at...
http://www.oakcreeknow.com/sports/oak-creek-wrestling-coach-puts-a-reversal-on-meningitis-b99691855z1-373104011.html
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

bigG

I prayed. :) I'm sure mine was the one that worked.

JK. Glad he's okay. Sounds like the kinda guy I could hang with.

Little prayer don't hurt, though. :D

Seems many meningitis(sp?) are festering really badly this year. Maybe I'm just hearing about more scary versions of it. Scary no less, though.

If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.