Girls Division Competition added to 2016 Wisconsin Wrestling Challenge Series

Started by TomM, October 20, 2015, 11:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomM

Girls Division Competition added to 2016 Wisconsin Wrestling Challenge Series in January
http://bit.ly/1jSz4QO
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

Big Steve

Hats off on this! Promoting growth through women's wrestling and allowing this to happen next to their teammates rather than some after state obscure location.
Great avenue for girls to continue their dreams of wrestling.

Barou

JHI Mafia

CLC FAN

Well done!  I really think this challenge series will go a long way in strengthening programs and promoting WI wrestling.

aarons23

Quote from: CLC FAN on October 22, 2015, 09:57:16 AM
Well done!  I really think this challenge series will go a long way in strengthening programs and promoting WI wrestling.

Agreed..... So we can stop promoting cutting weight classes and continue to improve our recruiting and retention. ;D ;D
Big house"As part of my mental toughness routine ... I read the forum and try NOT to believe everything on here."

It's very strenuous! 

Opinions are not facts. Because two people differ in opinions doesn't make one of them wrong.

Troy Grindle

I don't know how I missed this a couple of days ago, but this is huge news!  If this goes over well (which I think it will) I won't be surprised that within 4 years we see a individual girls varsity state wrestling tournament sponsored by the wiaa alongside the boys at the Kohl center.  I think that they would run it as 1 division and have the qualifying tournament the same time as the WWCS.  Huge news for wrestling.  Some day very soon there will be schools that dual each other with girl only squads I bet.
And then there was that.