Any top 100 recruits coming to Madison?

Started by leg turk, March 11, 2015, 07:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkm13

Quote from: OneEyedFatMan on March 18, 2015, 05:43:14 PM
That's common knowledge, Billy, about their class levels and Mark Hall being the #1 recruit nationwide.

But are you going to offer scholarships to two wrestlers the same weight one year apart?
That's always a question...I've seen it backfire.

I have no idea what kind of fire in his belly Mr. Breske has, but certainly Mr. Reinhardt is snorting flames.

I am guessing Reinhardt's partial scholarship was not a very big one.  I like Reinhardt, but he is not the type of recruit that would be a reason to not recruit an elite recruit a year after him. 

nutters55

Quote from: OneEyedFatMan on March 18, 2015, 05:43:14 PM
That's common knowledge, Billy, about their class levels and Mark Hall being the #1 recruit nationwide.

But are you going to offer scholarships to two wrestlers the same weight one year apart?
That's always a question...I've seen it backfire.

I have no idea what kind of fire in his belly Mr. Breske has, but certainly Mr. Reinhardt is snorting flames.

Quote from: billymurphy on March 12, 2015, 02:06:48 PM
"I'm good with Mason Reinhardt in lieu of Breske...seems he has a chip on his shoulder"

Reinhardt is a senior
Breske is a junior

Breske has a fantastic double leg takedown.  Sure, he needs to work on his mat wrestling, but is by far the biggest recruit in the state.

Mark Hall the biggest recruit in the USA.

Fire in his belly? How about wrestling with a torn meniscus in his knee?
failure to prepare, is preparing to fail....

vsmf2010

Quote from: Tews19 on March 19, 2015, 10:40:47 AM
Quote from: futurerichguy on March 19, 2015, 09:44:51 AM
Quote from: nutters55 on March 19, 2015, 09:36:01 AM

Aha, this is the reason I check wiwrestling.  I thought something was different about Breske that night.  Awesome that he didn't make any excuses.  Everybody at this point in the season has a nagging injury, but a torn meniscus probably puts you at 80-90%.  I've been there, and it really impacts wrestling on the bottom.  Very painful to bend that knee all the way.

Yeah he was real off, no fire!!! Just dumb IMO. Absolutely nothing against the original poster of the "fire" comment but I can tell he has not seen much of Beau wrestle. He is a young 16 yr old Junior in HS. Birthday in September I believe. FUTURERICHGUY is right about painful I am sure as I have never had the injury but I am sure it impacted him in one way or another for conditioning. He had no excuse when he lost; check out his Twitter feed a hour after losing in the finals.......... Best statement anyone could have made after the lose, let alone for a young 16 year old kid.

" Maybe I can't win four state titles but that was never the ultimate goal." He has bigger plans then HS wrestling. Best in the world possibly? Olympic champion? Community advocate and mentor for youth wrestling?? He already is that because he is always helping kids out at practice.

Mark Hall is the top kid in the WORLD for his weight. Beau lost I think 2-1 in the match to determine the USA team spot against Mark Hall. Not to mention Beau then went for Greco which most kids will specialize in one or the other style and Beau made it to the Greco finals as well for the USA team.

Not trying to be a homer for Beau but he is on a different level for talent. Not many kids are as dominate as he is over 145... Let alone 170. He has yet to mature physically so who knows where he ends up in college for wrestling. One thing is for sure, wherever he ends up wrestling he will be impactful for the program and successful.

Not to mention he is about the nicest young man you will ever meet. I am a fan of Beau the person regardless if he ever steps on the mat again.

OneEyedFatMan

Didn't know about the injury, and I agree about a torn meniscus knocking off 10-20% of one's capabilities.

Quote from: futurerichguy on March 19, 2015, 09:44:51 AM
Quote from: nutters55 on March 19, 2015, 09:36:01 AM

Aha, this is the reason I check wiwrestling.  I thought something was different about Breske that night.  Awesome that he didn't make any excuses.  Everybody at this point in the season has a nagging injury, but a torn meniscus probably puts you at 80-90%.  I've been there, and it really impacts wrestling on the bottom.  Very painful to bend that knee all the way.
"Dying ain't much of a livin', boy"

stp

Not sure if anyone has checked out this match yet from the state semi finals for Eli Stickley.  
Eli faced Ironman champ and 2x Ohio state champ Tyler Warner.   Tyler won state in the finals by a score of 5-0 and is on his way to possibly becoming the next Ohio 4xer.  

A really fun match.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage/252189-Ohio-High-School-State-Championships-2015/video/763993-120lbs-Semi-finals-Eli-Stickley-SPG-vs-Tyler-Warner-Claymont#.VRabYY6K-GU
From Milwaukee to St Paris.