Where do you buy wrestling shoes?

Started by plainplow, December 24, 2014, 09:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plainplow

So, having a site about wrestling shoes, I've been curious about where wrestlers buy their shoes.

My kindergartner just finished up his first season of park and rec youth wrestling last night. There was a high school wrestler there, so I took the opportunity to ask him where he bought his shoes.

He said online -- Eastbay in particular. He also said that others sometimes buy from Dick's Sporting Goods. Those were the two sites he recommended.

I asked if he ever bought shoes from a real brick and mortar store. He replied in the negative.

So, the question(s) I'd love to have answered by as many wrestling folks as possible is/are...

• Where do you (or your child or your team, etc.) buy wrestling shoes?
  • Is everyone buying online these days?
  • If so, which site do you think is the best price and selection?

I created a survey with 3 questions to get an idea of where people are buying these shoes. It's anonymous and real easy. And I'd be happy to share the results with folks on this forum if anyone were interested.

Here's the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CFYCKD5
Paul
Watertown, WI

Quack

Bought many pairs from Ebay
Have bought them at Dicks, when they were needed fast.
Come off, like you go on.
Live by the headlock, die by the headlock

imnofish

Online is the way to go, when so few shoe stores carry any wrestling shoes at all, especially in rural areas.
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

boowrestle

online from all-american wrestling supply,middleton.Wi
you can run but you cannot hide.

bman

Since I already know which brand, model, and the size etc I am looking for, I search first on eBay.  I also like Suplay.

bigG

I'm always tempted to by from Suplay's grab bag.
If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.

Ghetto

World wide wrestling supply online or Eastbay online
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

boowrestle

I have almost always found eastbay to be over priced compared to alot of the others.
you can run but you cannot hide.