Barry on TDR

Started by charteroak1, October 16, 2014, 03:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charteroak1

Barry on TDR with Scott Casper.  Another one of Scott's amazing interviews..OMG!!!

Interesting what Barry says about 133.

http://www.takedownradio.com/articles/8522

mkm13

I heard that as well. Hopefully Thielke can make 133 and still wrestle at a high level all year. He clearly has elite potential, if weight is not an issue, I think he can be a top 10 wrestler this year.

npope

This wasn't supposed to be an issue this year. Two years ago the word from insiders from the program was that he would never see 133 again after the Midlands that year. Last year, the story was that he was an undersized 141 pounder and that explain the losses.

While I think he should go wherever his body says he should go, it just seems that JT's experience is turning out to be a roller coaster. Just hopes he finds his niche (and others who are similarly moving around their weights in anticipation having JT at 133) and perform at optimal levels. I don't think it helps the medium term interests of the team to have multiple guys wrestling at the wrong weights, i.e., sucking too much weight.

These dynamics set up a possible question - who would be the man at 141 if JT and Lubeck both show up? Three years ago the answer would have been  obvious, but now....I dunno.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

npope

Quote from: Goat Roper on October 17, 2014, 10:24:22 AM

Lubeck would be too big.  That is just my take.

I think I might agree with you Goat. But from the early season scuttle-butt, supposedly he was dropping to 141. Again, I am not sure cutting the weight is the medium term solution here. If they can cut the weight and function well.... But remember that we essentially lost the younger Kelliher when he attempted to get to 125 - and I always felt bad for the older one when he was wrestling that weight. Yes, it put a respectable wrestler at 125 for the Badgers, but I don't think it helped anything beyond the immediate term.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

Dale Einerson

I am the first person that suggested Lubeck would go to 141...

I had a sneaky suspicion and I attempted to get inside info.

I hope both JT and Lubeck can be healthy and explosive at their respective weights this year.