Greco-Roman Sponsorship

Started by legman160, September 15, 2014, 08:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

legman160

15-September-2014

Dear Friends & Wrestling Supporter,

I am a student athlete participating in the Greco-Roman wrestling program at the United States Olympic Training Site located on the campus of Northern Michigan University. It is an elite program, in which only the nation's finest wrestlers are selected to participate. The program has produced seven Olympians and an Olympic bronze medal since opening in 1999 while giving athletes a college education. It is a unique opportunity, as Greco-Roman wrestling is not an NCAA sport.

It is an honor to represent the United States at competitions around the world, but it is also financially challenging. Athletes must pay their own way to travel to and compete in most national and international competitions. It is essential for wrestlers to gain experience at these elite levels in order to achieve their Olympic dreams, but the financial burden can be difficult for student athletes like me to bear.

It is my dream to represent you and all other Americans at the Olympic Games. I am reaching out to you hoping you would consider a financial donation to assist me with travel expenses. Your sponsorship would help me obtain the experience I need to reach my true potential.

Please feel free to contact me at (920) 901-9522 or tpelot@nmu.edu regarding a sponsorship opportunity. Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Ty Pelot

**The first international trip is to Riga, Latvia December 14-22, 2014.