Another Epic Dieringer/Ness Match-up

Started by hammen, March 21, 2014, 08:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammen

This time it will be aired on ESPN tomorrow night. Ness never had quite the tricks back then that he has now. But Alex looks solid. I'm rooting for the WI native and Port Washington/Ringers alum!

Wisconsinpitbull

Dieringer looked BIG, and strong, in his match up. Good luck in the finals!  I also enjoyed seeing Monk (Wausau West) in the semis!
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.-Twain

hammen

No doubt Alex and Dylan will be 170+ come tomorrow night. Probably the 2 biggest 157lbers. Would love to see these two take down Taylor, but we'll just have to settle for another amazing matchup between these two exciting wrestlers. I feel like Ness is able to horse guys over with his "garbage" but it's difficult to force garbage against someone as strong and with as good of a feel as Alex. Hoping Alex can bring one home for the state of WI for the first time since Maxwell!

Drivingforce

Alex will win. They've wrestled every style with AD, winning 4 of 5 matches. Ness is tough, has some Askren funk, but Alex is just better. PW wrestling!!

hammen

I agree with you Drivingforce. I think it's Alex advantage that he knows Ness so well and knows what he is capable of. Alex is primed for an NCAA title! Would be great for Port Washington and Wisconsin Wrestling! Everyone needs to tune in to the championships tomorrow night on ESPN!

beastmode

Quote from: hammen on March 21, 2014, 09:48:38 PM
No doubt Alex and Dylan will be 170+ come tomorrow night. Probably the 2 biggest 157lbers. Would love to see these two take down Taylor, but we'll just have to settle for another amazing matchup between these two exciting wrestlers. I feel like Ness is able to horse guys over with his "garbage" but it's difficult to force garbage against someone as strong and with as good of a feel as Alex. Hoping Alex can bring one home for the state of WI for the first time since Maxwell!

IMO Neither of these two guys are in the same league as Taylor. Ness might be able to catch him in one of his crazy elevators but I doubt it. Taylor is just too solid in all aspects. In regards to your comment about Ness not being able to pull his "garbage" against Dieringer, that is a pretty bold statement being just pinned the number one seeded wrestler the day before. Pretty sure Green is strong and has just as good of feel as Dieringer.  It will be a close match but I think Ness comes out on top with the decision.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

Drivingforce

Quote from: beastmode on March 22, 2014, 08:46:05 AM
Quote from: hammen on March 21, 2014, 09:48:38 PM

IMO Neither of these two guys are in the same league as Taylor. Ness might be able to catch him in one of his crazy elevators but I doubt it. Taylor is just too solid in all aspects. In regards to your comment about Ness not being able to pull his "garbage" against Dieringer, that is a pretty bold statement being just pinned the number one seeded wrestler the day before. Pretty sure Green is strong and has just as good of feel as Dieringer.  It will be a close match but I think Ness comes out on top with the decision.
Alex should beat Ness, history between the 2 would indicate that, but that's why they wrestle the matches. As for Green being the number one seed, AD is ranked number 1 by AWN, WIN and Intermat, I find it odd he was the 3rd seed.