Lack of Stalling calls

Started by Guffer, February 15, 2014, 06:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chuckref

Quote from: thequad on February 18, 2014, 02:35:45 PM
The biggest problem for this is getting refs to call it consistently as a group. There is a very big difference from on official to another and coaches know this, and coach accordingly.

You might be right but remember there are many different styles of wrestling too.  Don't think we aren't trying to get better at this, but it is easier from the stands believe me  8)

Chuck

imnofish

Looking at the various situations and variables brought up in this thread, it should be obvious that stalling is a very complex issue, to which we would all prefer a simplified solution.  Being a ref is like being a politician or a teacher - da*ned if you do; da*ned if you don't. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

thequad

The WIAA should be putting out a video explaining stalling.
I am now OLD enough to know how little I knew when I knew it ALL.

imnofish

Quote from: thequad on February 18, 2014, 03:39:29 PM
The WIAA should be putting out a video explaining stalling.

...and it should be played publicly, right before every home meet, statewide. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!