Refs

Started by HMsDad, January 09, 2014, 10:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HMsDad

Where can I find a list of certified refs for a youth tourney?

maggie

do you really need a certified person to ref these young kids?
--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

HMsDad

Quote from: maggie on January 09, 2014, 10:40:16 AM
Yes...we use them for the 7th and 8th graders and in some cases the 5th and 6th if they happen to be in that gym.

imnofish

I think we should have our best refs for young, inexperienced kids.  They need to be properly protected and instructed on the mat. 
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

HMsDad

I'm not looking to debate refs. I'm just trying to figure out where I can find a list of WIAA certified refs for our tourney.
Thanks

imwi

Quote from: HMsDad on January 09, 2014, 11:51:28 AM
I'm not looking to debate refs. I'm just trying to figure out where I can find a list of WIAA certified refs for our tourney.
Thanks

I would contact the WIAA, I know they maintain the directory, getting access to it is a different story.  AD's, Coaches & Officials all have logon ids.  You could try this site http://athletix.us/Account/Login, looks like anyone can create a logon and then you can search for officials for different sports there. 

beastmode

Quote from: imwi on January 09, 2014, 12:21:49 PM
Thanks

I would contact the WIAA, I know they maintain the directory, getting access to it is a different story.  AD's, Coaches & Officials all have logon ids.  You could try this site http://athletix.us/Account/Login, looks like anyone can create a logon and then you can search for officials for different sports there. 

I can get you the list. Shoot me a pm with your email.
To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.
Steve Prefontaine

Hand Control

Thanks
As far as the debate thing, Maggie is there to assure us there will be one. As for the WIAA certified ref list I would recommend.
  phone(715)344-8580
  fax(715)344-4241
  Mon-Fri 7:30-4:00
 The better the refs the better there is for potential for a better tournament.

maggie

--------------------------------------
and a joint was a bad place to be.
        stupid quotes from friends
"" I Trust Fox News more than any other source""--FAN
  ""I am sorry i called you a genius'"'-HOUND
"" Teachers brought this on all by themselves, plain and simple-RAMMY

HMsDad

Thanks for the help all. I got it. ;D :D ;D :D

imnofish

Thanks

That's good, because I doubt they are looking to debate YOU.  JK!  ;D  Glad you got the info. you were looking for!
None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

Numbers

Quote from: maggie on January 09, 2014, 10:40:16 AM

One tournament last year had a WIAA official overseeing 4 high school wrester refs on a full size mat that was divided into quarters sections for the elementary school brackets.  Thought that was a great idea!  While high school wresters are great at calling TD/NF/pins, some may not be aware of when to call potentially dangerous.