Dillan Johnson

Started by BadgerOne, March 22, 2023, 08:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Nash Hutmacker is the South dakota kid that made his debut last night for Nebraska wrestling team. He is a 4th year kid on the football team also.

After the end of the season he reported dropped 30 plus pounds to make the 28t limit. Nash is also a very good student from what I have been told.

With all of that said, nebraska football season ended around Thanksgiving and allowed over a month of training and weight loss to get on the mat about 6 weeks latter. The Badger program in football goal is to be playing January 1st at the minimum so to have a n around like Mr Hutmacker or in this case Dillion Johnson it would be mid February before Dillian is on the mat for the Bagers.

Remember that is if Mr Johnson isn't injuried or just wants a little down time with family.

Ben Keuter at Iowa isn't in the room and everyone was saying he was going to be a 2 sporter in college.

I hope Dillion Johnson is going to wrestle with the Badgers next year, I think it would be awesome! I am just a tick tempered because at least in my eyes that is alot of pressure for a teenager to toss on their shoulders in their first year of college. Just my opinion though.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Junkyardpig

Kueter is in the room, day after the bowl game he started wrestling....... might see him friday night on your tv.

littleguy301

Quote from: Junkyardpig on January 07, 2024, 10:05:48 PMKueter is in the room, day after the bowl game he started wrestling....... might see him friday night on your tv.

That would be incredible! Tough task but incredible to say the least!

charteroak1

Johnson is a Freak!  He is so quick.  Great athlete and can't wait to see him on the mat next Jan.

That would be great to see Kueter vs. Hutmacker Friday.  It would be interesting how he's fairing against Hill in the room.  Having Cassioppi and Telford as partners I'm sure helps.  If I remember correctly Bono was going after both Nash and Haden Copass.  We did get Haden for a year before him jumping ship.

How quickly will Koy and Mirasola close the gap as they will strictly be wrestling, not to mention being in rooms with better competition. 

littleguy301

Didn't mirasola beat Johnson this fall?

Size is the factor hear. I not sure if psu plan is to have the twins wrestle 184 and 197 or not. Hopke is a true hwt and I am sure the gophers will put on the needed 20 plus pounds on hopke to close the gap.

No matter what you say giving up 50 plus pounds to a elite level athlete is something to behold.

Giving up 50 pounds at hwt would be like asking a college 125pounder to move up to 149 and compete or 141 at minimum.

I hope Johnson makes the jump next year, it will be alot of fun for sure!

vsmf2010

Quote from: littleguy301 on January 08, 2024, 11:22:49 AMDidn't mirasola beat Johnson this fall?

Yes he did. Beat him 5-4 at the Donnybrook back in the beginning of December. The Donnybrook match was a reversal and takedown for Mirasola and a TD for Johnson. The Cheesehead match was 4 TD to 0 for Johnson. I have not watched either match yet but seems like some pretty significant adjustments were made.

head57

Quote from: bigoil on January 07, 2024, 06:13:29 AM
Quote from: No One Cares on January 06, 2024, 08:34:56 PM
Quote from: bigoil on January 06, 2024, 05:46:49 PMWow, Dillan with two monster wins!
9-5 over Mirasola 4 takedowns! Mirasola 5 escapes.
4-1 over Hopke, takedown for Johnson. Rode Hopke for nearly final 3 minutes. 

Ref's fault again that Hopke lost?
Hopke's only point was a stall call against Johnson, I didn't watch the other match but does seem size is the common denominator in those two losses.

I was impressed with 4 TD against Mirasola.
Quote from: bigoil on January 07, 2024, 06:13:29 AM
Quote from: bigoil on January 06, 2024, 05:46:49 PMWow, Dillan with two monster wins!

Hopke's only point was a stall call against Johnson, I didn't watch the other match but does seem size is the common denominator in those two losses.

I was impressed with 4 TD against Mirasola.

I read somewhere that Mirasola weight in at 203, Hopke 232, and Johnson 260. Mirasola is giving up a bunch. Less so for Hopke.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

vsmf2010

All depends on the wrestlers. Kyle Snyder gave up a lot of weight when he won his 3 straight NCAA championship and just used the lack of flexibility of the bigger wrestlers against them by working below the knee and not getting stuck under them.

Yonger Bastida just beat Cohlton Schultz and beat Lucas Davison earlier in the year and he is giving up a fair bit of weight.

Army Ant

Re: Johnson, remember that he was coming off of football season back in early December, while Mirasola was probably wrestling all fall at AWA . Big difference, just like the weight is.

He may wrestle one or two years (1st and/or last) but no way he plays 2 sports for 4 years. Much more likely he chooses one to become the best he can be in (more likely football).Why would he want to just be "good" in 2 sports? D1 greatness almost always requires a year round commitment in the modern era. 

littleguy301

Quote from: Army Ant on January 08, 2024, 07:08:54 PMRe: Johnson, remember that he was coming off of football season back in early December, while Mirasola was probably wrestling all fall at AWA . Big difference, just like the weight is.

He may wrestle one or two years (1st and/or last) but no way he plays 2 sports for 4 years. Much more likely he chooses one to become the best he can be in (more likely football).Why would he want to just be "good" in 2 sports? D1 greatness almost always requires a year round commitment in the modern era. 

Good post.

I hope Johnson comes in and does both and with Fickle at the helm i bet Johnson gets those choices and support also. 1st and last year I can totally see that.

I pray that Johnson stays injury free and is able to pursuit everything he wants for both programs and also the school!

littleguy301

Quote from: vsmf2010 on January 08, 2024, 04:32:09 PMAll depends on the wrestlers. Kyle Snyder gave up a lot of weight when he won his 3 straight NCAA championship and just used the lack of flexibility of the bigger wrestlers against them by working below the knee and not getting stuck under them.

Yonger Bastida just beat Cohlton Schultz and beat Lucas Davison earlier in the year and he is giving up a fair bit of weight.

Synder was on the light side of 230 and did a great job at handling the HWT in college. I also think the Iowa State kid I bigger than one would guess coming up from 197.

Yes you are correct it depends on the wrestler and how they handle the weight and wrestling. All great Wrestlers the 3 HWT at the cheese! Fun that they gave us a show for sure!

harley25

Someone sounds sour!!

DocWrestling

Has anyone ever been an all-conference football player and NCAA qualifier in wrestling?  In same year or even achieving them at different times in their career.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Army Ant

Quote from: DocWrestling on January 09, 2024, 09:25:32 AMHas anyone ever been an all-conference football player and NCAA qualifier in wrestling?  In same year or even achieving them at different times in their career.

I'm pretty sure "Dr Death" Steve Williams was; back in the 1980s or something like that. All conference in football and runner up to Baumgartner in wrestling.

charteroak1

Bob Golic All American in both football and wrestling at Notre Dame in 77 & 78