Dillan Johnson

Started by BadgerOne, March 22, 2023, 08:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgerOne

Best recruit since Hamiti!  Also, don't know if Wisconsin even has to pay any scholly money if he is playing football too.  Big win!  He was committed to Northwestern, but something must have happened to change his mind.  Great kid and comes from Dean's school.  If he sticks with wrestling he should be an AA contender if not a championship contender.

BadgerOne

Just read Northwestern's football coach was fired amid a hazing scandal.  So glad Wisconsin was the next choice.  Dillan is a beast!!!

BadgerOne

As an added bonus, when Dillan is starting in Madison, we might see quite a few of his football teammates show up to watch him, and of course, Coach Fickell.

Army Ant

He'll end up playing football or wrestling; not both. Maybe he'll do both for the 1st year but probably not beyond that. I think he will probably stick w football.

DocWrestling

So he will hit the mat after the bowl game and thus start wrestling 2nd semester.  Will be interesting if he can get up to speed fast enough by March with fewer matches.  Maybe they will let him wrestle earlier in December while he is redshirting for football.

In the end he will have to pick a sport as there is no way to try and do both and academics and build in some run and rest.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

vsmf2010

Either way if he plays football, wrestles or somehow finds a way to do both it is a huge get and win for the UW. Fantastic athlete, great student and really neat young man. Great to keep that IL/Joliet Catholic pipeline going as well. There are always some studs down there and would be great to keep that going.

Even if he is just in the room and never even makes an impact on the mat that is a good thing for both programs. Knowing what coach Fickell is all about should encourage more of these 2 sport guys to come to the UW. Most will likely choose football but some will choose wrestling.

imnofish

None are so hopelessly enslaved, as those who falsely believe they are free. The truth has been kept from the depth of their minds by masters who rule them with lies. -Johann Von Goethe

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

bigoil

Wow, Dillan with two monster wins!
9-5 over Mirasola 4 takedowns! Mirasola 5 escapes.
4-1 over Hopke, takedown for Johnson. Rode Hopke for nearly final 3 minutes. 

walden_hiker

Quote from: bigoil on January 06, 2024, 05:46:49 PMWow, Dillan with two monster wins!
Amazing performance!! Let's go Dillan!

Harris

New number 1 recruit in the country at HWT, 2 Midlands champs, and a 2nd place finish.  Let's give the coaching staff some love!  Johnson just beat the Penn State and Gopher top 2 recruits in one day. 

vsmf2010

Wow that is a crazy tough bracket and a heck of a tournament for Dillan!

No One Cares

Quote from: bigoil on January 06, 2024, 05:46:49 PMWow, Dillan with two monster wins!

Ref's fault again that Hopke lost?

bigoil

Quote from: No One Cares on January 06, 2024, 08:34:56 PM

Ref's fault again that Hopke lost?
Hopke's only point was a stall call against Johnson, I didn't watch the other match but does seem size is the common denominator in those two losses.

I was impressed with 4 TD against Mirasola.

PAUL

As an outsider, I'd say it's pretty obvious that all 3 are very special athletes.  I hope that they all reach their potential (and their goals - whatever those may be) at the next level - on the field, on the mat and in the classroom.  As a Badgers fan, I would like to see Johnson become a star wrestler and a start FB player at UW.  However, I would caution against over-optimism for any of these guys.  Just being a college student can be an adjustment in many ways, throw in the extra pressure of competing in a sport (or two) and (I hate to even mention) the possibility of injuries, the weight of expectations, the greatness of competition, etc.  There are just so many challenges.  Let's hope that we are following these guys and debating their talents for a long, long time!