Schedule

Started by fightfightfight, September 11, 2023, 06:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fightfightfight

Does anybody know when the schedule is released? We have to be the only sport that is within two months of the season and still doesn't have the schedule out.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

I don't think any of the Big Ten teams have their schedules finalized yet. The Big Ten Network plays a big role in determining the schedule.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Non-conference schedule is out!

Nov 5 (Sun) 1 PM CT
Lindenwood
Madison, Wis. UW Field House

Nov 11 (All Day)
Michigan State Open
East Lansing, Mich.
Jenison Field House

Nov 19 (Sun) 2 PM CT
Iowa State
Humboldt, Iowa
Humboldt High School

Dec 3 (Sun) 1 PM CT
Bucknell
Madison, Wis. UW Field House

Dec 9 (Sat) TBA
Rider University
at Rider

Dec 29 (Fri) Dec 30 (Sat) All Day
Ken Kraft Midlands Championships
Hoffman Estates, Ill.
Northwestern NOW Arena

Jan 12 (Fri) Jan 13 (Sat) TBA
Virginia Duals
Hampton, Va.
Hampton Coliseum

Feb 21 (Wed) TBA
at Northern Iowa
Cedar Falls, IA
Kirk Nelson

hornbuckleb

No Wisconsin Showcase for the Badgers this year

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Parkside is hosting the Wisconsin Showcase

Parkside is wrestling McKendree and LaCrosse is wrestling Cornell (the small school!)
Kirk Nelson

crossface21

Disappointing UW won't be attending the showcase. When this started a few years ago was looking forward to them making their way down to this part of the state at some point.

Grapl

Does anyone else find it frustrating that a few days after you buy season ticket's that Braxton Amos takes an Olympic redshirt......arrrgh

imwi

To be honest, I thought that was common knowledge.  There was a thread on here not too long ago with an interview with Amos where I thought he stated that

vsmf2010

Quote from: imwi on September 22, 2023, 10:05:28 AMTo be honest, I thought that was common knowledge.  There was a thread on here not too long ago with an interview with Amos where I thought he stated that

Like you imwi I assumed with the injury, the surgery, making the world team last year and the Olympics next year that he would be taking an Olympic redshirt this season. Makes perfect sense considering he probably would not have been 100% until after the beginning of the season. Gives him a chance to ramp up for the Olympic trials and focus on Greco.

Grapl

Quote from: vsmf2010 on September 22, 2023, 11:17:42 AM
Quote from: imwi on September 22, 2023, 10:05:28 AMTo be honest, I thought that was common knowledge.  There was a thread on here not too long ago with an interview with Amos where I thought he stated that

Like you imwi I assumed with the injury, the surgery, making the world team last year and the Olympics next year that he would be taking an Olympic redshirt this season. Makes perfect sense considering he probably would not have been 100% until after the beginning of the season. Gives him a chance to ramp up for the Olympic trials and focus on Greco.

imwi - I'm assuming that interview was on Rokfin? If it was I did not see it. 

vsmf2010 - Did Braxton take an Olympic redshirt prior to starting with UW? That doesn't mean he isn't able to take another but his focus is what exactly? 

bigoil

Quote from: Grapl on September 22, 2023, 12:37:58 PM

vsmf2010 - Did Braxton take an Olympic redshirt prior to starting with UW? That doesn't mean he isn't able to take another but his focus is what exactly? 
Braxton Gray shirted I believe.

bigoil

Quote from: crossface21 on September 22, 2023, 09:19:22 AMDisappointing UW won't be attending the showcase. When this started a few years ago was looking forward to them making their way down to this part of the state at some point.
Which D1 team do you think would travel to Kenosha to wrestle?
Teams want to get paid today to travel.

imwi

Grapl - not Rokfin https://forum.wiwrestling.com/index.php?topic=60126.0

Grapl

Quote from: imwi on September 22, 2023, 01:39:44 PM

Grapl - not Rokfin https://forum.wiwrestling.com/index.php?topic=60126.0

imwi - Thanks!

vsmf2010

If I am reading your question correctly about his focus. What I am referring to is his desire and goal of making the 2024 Olympic team in Greco at 97kg