Dillan Johnson

Started by BadgerOne, March 22, 2023, 08:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wrestle03

Chedd, your either a bit slow or just plain dumb.  Have you seen the Northwestern facilities?  Have you seen their wrestling room and their weight room?  The Badgers have the WORST wrestling training facility in the entire Big Ten.

Do you have a man-crush on Bono?  Did you really think an elite recruit would want to sign for Bono and the Badgers?
If so - that is comical.

Chedd

Don't read too much into what I wrote. I know they have great facilities but it hasn't meant much to most recruits, which was all I was getting at. They have a definite lack of interest in their programs, which I would think would sway most recruits.

My comment had nothing to do with Bono. If anything, I'm saying the opposite. I don't think the Badgers should ever lose a recruiting battle to Northwestern. Especially with connections on the team. I have heard NW offers their top recruits full rides pretty frequently though, so I'm sure that helps. Thanks for the insults hurled this way though.

Ghetto

If Dillan Johnson wants to be a day 1 pick in the NFL, Northwestern ain't it.

Wisconsin is the better answer, all day, if both coaches are allowing him to do both. He may not have the partners in the wrestling room, but the football facilities at Wisconsin, which he would have access to, are just plain better.

As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

wrestle03

Dillan Johnson has never  played a down of Division 1 football and your talking about being a day 1 pick?  Are you serious?
He's a 3 star defensive lineman........may have been a man among boys on the high school field but those days are over.  If he was a 4 or 5 star recruit he wouldnt be going to Northwestern and he wouldnt be going to Wisconsin either - those types of recruits go  to Ohio State, Michigan or off to the best conference in college footbal the SEC.

It's very highly unlikely Wisconsin would have allowed him to wrestle and play football. 
My personal opinion is he tries to do it and realizes its too much and concentrates on football.

harley25

Quote from: wrestle03 on May 18, 2023, 02:26:57 PMDillan Johnson has never  played a down of Division 1 football and your talking about being a day 1 pick?  Are you serious?
He's a 3 star defensive lineman........may have been a man among boys on the high school field but those days are over.  If he was a 4 or 5 star recruit he wouldnt be going to Northwestern and he wouldnt be going to Wisconsin either - those types of recruits go  to Ohio State, Michigan or off to the best conference in college footbal the SEC.

It's very highly unlikely Wisconsin would have allowed him to wrestle and play football. 
My personal opinion is he tries to do it and realizes its too much and concentrates on football.

I would agree, cannot imagine the beating the Body will take!!!

Ghetto

Quote from: wrestle03 on May 18, 2023, 02:26:57 PMDillan Johnson has never  played a down of Division 1 football and your talking about being a day 1 pick?  Are you serious?

Absolutely am. You think high level football players don't have goals to make it to the next level? That's purely a wrestling thing?

The 4 star guys are starting to walk in the door at Wisconsin. If they start producing, that's going to increase.

My point was you don't go to Northwestern to play high level football. Wisconsin football and Northwestern football are on different trajectories.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: Ghetto on May 18, 2023, 03:05:34 PM

Absolutely am. You think high level football players don't have goals to make it to the next level? That's purely a wrestling thing?

The 4 star guys are starting to walk in the door at Wisconsin. If they start producing, that's going to increase.

My point was you don't go to Northwestern to play high level football. Wisconsin football and Northwestern football are on different trajectories.

Keeanu Benton was a 3 Star recruit for the Badgers. He got drafted with the 49th overall pick by the Steelers this year.
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Chedd

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on May 18, 2023, 03:33:42 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on May 18, 2023, 03:05:34 PM

Keeanu Benton was a 3 Star recruit for the Badgers. He got drafted with the 49th overall pick by the Steelers this year.

HS juniors that are decent football players and are getting recruited by no d1 schools still think they are going to make the NFL. So you know that this kid, getting a ton of interest and offers from high major d1 programs, is going to have those aspirations.

wrestle03

He can have all the aspirations he wants of becoming an NFL player - but that dont mean he will accomplish that.  The kid hasnt even played a down of Division 1 football.  He could be the next JJ Watt or he could ride the pine is entire career.  Or he could blow his knee out first day of practice and be done with football forever.  Only 1.6% of college fooball players make it to the NFL.  At the end of the day I hope he's successful at Northwestern.

Ghetto

Quote from: wrestle03 on May 19, 2023, 10:18:00 AMHe can have all the aspirations he wants of becoming an NFL player - but that dont mean he will accomplish that.  The kid hasnt even played a down of Division 1 football.  He could be the next JJ Watt or he could ride the pine is entire career.  Or he could blow his knee out first day of practice and be done with football forever.  Only 1.6% of college fooball players make it to the NFL.  At the end of the day I hope he's successful at Northwestern.

All those things are true, and I also hope he is successful at Northwestern.

If you have aspirations of making it to the NFL, I'd say he'd be better off going to Wisconsin than Northwestern. Better facilities, more national exposure, etc. give him a better chance.

That said, maybe he just loves both and wants to compete in both. You'd think the Wisconsin head coach would have the best insight on that, since he tried to do both and couldn't. Maybe Johnson didn't want to hear that, and Northwestern had no issue with it.

There's a million reasons why kids do what they do. Hopefully it works out the way he wants it to.

marshman

Quote from: wrestle03 on May 19, 2023, 10:18:00 AMHe can have all the aspirations he wants of becoming an NFL player - but that dont mean he will accomplish that.  The kid hasnt even played a down of Division 1 football.  He could be the next JJ Watt or he could ride the pine is entire career.  Or he could blow his knee out first day of practice and be done with football forever.  Only 1.6% of college fooball players make it to the NFL.  At the end of the day I hope he's successful at Northwestern.
JJ Watt two star recruit ;D

Numbers

Quote from: marshman on May 19, 2023, 12:31:10 PM
JJ Watt two star recruit ;D

And did not start at Wisconsin. 

Maybe after a year or two of NW he will take the Badger portal.

head57

thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

crossface21

He's a beast. 3x IL state champ, #2 HWT in the country, 6'2, 284 lbs, squats 700lb. Ummm, yes please.

Ghetto