Estrada

Started by Hungus, May 03, 2023, 04:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

head57

Schools that have "deep pockets" have that because of a supportive alumni base. UW needs a sugar daddy or two for the wrestling program OR the common fan needs to pony up a bit here and a bit there. I can understand why someone wouldn't do this if they oppose the new reality of college sports, but then acknowledge that and don't cast aspersions on the coach or even the school itself.

The AD has ponied up in other sports. The Varsity Collective is making big moves in football and working on basketball. Has the wrestling staff tried to tap into that? I don't even know if the VC is open to all sports, but I believe it is. Fact is, though, if we want wrestling to succeed, it's going to take wrestling fans to make sure it does so.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

The Legend

So, I have some questions. 

Does the Badger RTC not have any donors? 
Or any money flowing to it? 
If so, has anyone seen the amount?
Is this transparent?
I find it hard to believe that with Bono being able to bring in the fans with his excitement that there wouldn't be a good chunk of money raised.  We don't have any resident athletes as far as I know. Unless Gross fits this bill. I remember Sean?  Would post targets to goal etc. but never see anything now.

MNbadger

I don't think you know how much money some schools have.  There will be wrestlers taking money to simply be practice partners, nothing wrong with that for the individual.  They will never wrestle a varsity match.
Quote from: mkm13 on May 05, 2023, 09:20:36 AMThose 4 schools can only have a total of 4 starters at each weight.  The drop off can't be that big because of that.  There might be an influx of money now, but even at those 4 schools, you won't be seeing big money going to back ups.

I mentioned this previously, but NIL is going to really hurt athletes wanting to compete after college.  This will hurt our freestyle and greco teams.  The money will be going to college kids instead.  I would be curious how the badger RTC is allocating the money they receive.
I would like to reach through the screen and slap the next person who starts a thread about "global warming." Wraslfan
"Obama thinks we should all be on welfare."  BigG
"MN will eventually go the way of Greece." Wraslfan

leg turk

This trend is concerning, why are these wrestlers bailing?

littleguy301

Quote from: The Legend on May 05, 2023, 10:16:55 AMSo, I have some questions. 

Is this transparent?
I find it hard to believe that with Bono being able to bring in the fans with his excitement that there wouldn't be a good chunk of money raised.  We don't have any resident athletes as far as I know. Unless Gross fits this bill. I remember Sean?  Would post targets to goal etc. but never see anything now.

Well looking at it concerning the RTC, there is D2 schools sending more kids to events like the open than the Badger RTC. That isn't a good sign at all.

Bono needs to bury the hatchet with AWA and the other area clubs and mend some fences with the WWF also.

I supportthe Bono hire and still.do.to this date but the common theme is Bono isn't getting along with not only the AWA but the state and several area clubs.

Please Bono leave the ego at the door and let's get this done! Lots of people want to see the Badgers be that team!

Money raising starts at the top and i guartee more money rolls in after that!

Go Badgers get it done!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Coach V

The WWF had 2 Badgers signing autographs at Youth State- Hamiti and Hilger. Kids loved it.
You dont wrestle,your a wrestler

harley25

Quote from: Coach V on May 08, 2023, 11:21:30 AMThe WWF had 2 Badgers signing autographs at Youth State- Hamiti and Hilger. Kids loved it.

Hopke was also signing Saturday at youth state Folkstyle

asdf

Is this transparent?

All Non-Profits tax filings are readily available online showing revenue and expenses.  Below link has filings up to 2020. This can be found with Googling any variation of "Wisconsin Regional Training center annual tax filings" so don't think I am posting anything special, anyone can find it easily.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/organizations/264186757

Here is link for fiscal year 2021 Form 990 filing:

littleguy301

Quote from: harley25 on May 08, 2023, 11:26:16 AM
Quote from: Coach V on May 08, 2023, 11:21:30 AMThe WWF had 2 Badgers signing autographs at Youth State- Hamiti and Hilger. Kids loved it.

That is cool. Though a gopher recruit signing at a wisconsin event does make me chuckle a bit. Irony!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

Quote from: asdf on May 08, 2023, 06:16:07 PM

Is this transparent?

All Non-Profits tax filings are readily available online showing revenue and expenses.  Below link has filings up to 2020. This can be found with Googling any variation of "Wisconsin Regional Training center annual tax filings" so don't think I am posting anything special, anyone can find it easily.

Here is link for fiscal year 2021 Form 990 filing:

Interesting data.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Grapl

Quote from: harley25 on May 08, 2023, 11:26:16 AM

I find it funny that 2 of the 3 athletes that were signing aren't originally from Wisconsin and another one is is going to be a Gopher.  I suggest supporting successful Wisconsin kids wrestling for Wisconsin Universities.