Estrada

Started by Hungus, May 03, 2023, 04:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hungus

Miguel Estrada has flipped his commitment from UW to Iowa (per his instagram)
Not good
You're killing me Smalls!!!

Harris

walden_hiker

Dylan Coy
Cody Goebel
Felix Lettini
Nicolar Rivera
Gannon Rosenfeld
Mikey Talshahar
Danny Sheen (Transfer)

Brock Bobzien
Lucas Condon
Julian George
Shane Liegel (Gr. Transfer)
Royce Nilo

none

Am I missing anyone who is still on the team from the most recent recruiting classes?

No One Cares

Quote from: walden_hiker on May 03, 2023, 07:35:34 PM2022
Dylan Coy
Cody Goebel
Felix Lettini
Nicolar Rivera
Gannon Rosenfeld
Mikey Talshahar
Danny Sheen (Transfer)

Brock Bobzien
Lucas Condon
Julian George
Shane Liegel (Gr. Transfer)

none

Am I missing anyone who is still on the team from the most recent recruiting classes?

Royce Nilo is in the 2023 class.   

mkm13

The last 3 years have been shockingly bad. I can only assume we have a lot of scholarship $ available. At this point, it is on them to make it happen. Time is running out.

head57

Yeah, not great. I have long thought that Bono's energy and efforts at PR would booster recruiting, but that's not exactly the case. I wonder what gives.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Is NIL playing a big factor in new recruits now? Obviously, it has played a factor in transfers.

Wondering out loud....
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

The Legend

What gives?  You guys don't want to hear it, but I will say it.  You can only treat people poorly for so long.  Before the places you have been to and  before  the people you have engaged with finally have a story to tell.  And truthfully the story on Bono is not a good one.  He isn't well liked among other coaches. He has been to 3 programs as a head coach and chased 75% of the athletes at each school he inherited away. Destroyed relationships with donors and friends the two previous locations.  Has already begun to lose support here in this state. He uses people as a bridge to get what he wants.  Bono lost me as a supporter his very first year.  I won't go into detail.  But that team needed a pillar someone to rally around after losing a teammate.  He became their biggest obstacle. Don't believe me? Go talk to anyone that was on that team.  (Of course, those guys are just pawns to some of you as well)

head57

Quote from: The Legend on May 04, 2023, 09:48:24 AMWhat gives?  You guys don't want to hear it, but I will say it.  You can only treat people poorly for so long.  Before the places you have been to before and the people you have engaged with finally have a story to tell.  And truthfully the story on Bono is not a good one.  He isn't well liked among other coaches. He has been to 3 programs as a head coach and chased 75% of the athletes at each school he inherited away. Destroyed relationships with donors and friends the two previous locations.  Has already begun to lose support here in this state. He uses people as a bridge to get what he wants.  Bono lost me as a supporter his very first year.  I won't go into detail.  But that team needed a pillar someone to rally around after losing a teammate.  He became their biggest obstacle. Don't believe me? Go talk to anyone that was on that team.  (Of course, those guys are just pawns to some of you as well)

If you don't want to go into detail, you're really not adding to the information space. The rest of your post is more of the same...people complaining without being able to show and explain why. For people like me, whose only "inside" connection is someone who fully believes in and supports this staff...it doesn't move the needle.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

The Legend

I could care less about moving your needle.  I will post what I see fit.  Without asking for your permission.  But thanks

head57

Quote from: The Legend on May 04, 2023, 09:54:15 AMI could care less about moving your needle.  I will post what I see fit.  Without asking for your permission.  But thanks
LOL...I'm sorry my post hurt your feelings. There are a ton of fans with little to no direct connection to the program who actually want to know if Bono is the guy or not, though.

One side lists PR, Fieldhouse energy, fan outreach as great factors with the new staff. Guys like Gomez and Amos are on social media regularly supporting the staff.

Then there is a group of people who say he's not the guy. Who imply that he may not only be a mediocre coach, but a less than stellar person. Who insist he should be gone...but they never share why.

Maybe you can see why that's frustrating. Permission granted for you to understand...
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

The Legend

My feelings?  Um you seemed to have the need to post on my comment crying about no substance.  My feelings are perfectly intact thank you.

head57

Quote from: The Legend on May 04, 2023, 10:01:38 AMMy feelings?  Um you seemed to have the need to post on my comment crying about no substance.  My feelings are perfectly intact thank you.

I'm glad. I'm still in search of substance regarding Bono's shortcomings as a coach. We can move on from our little spat.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

walden_hiker

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on May 04, 2023, 09:39:18 AMIs NIL playing a big factor in new recruits now? Obviously, it has played a factor in transfers.

Wondering out loud....

I am curious on this as well. For those who claim Bono is not a stellar individual and treats his athletes poorly, the two most recent decommits were not on campus yet. During recruiting, the athletes generally are only shown the positives of the program. My only guesses are other schools offered who did not previously or upped their financials or possibly other athletes shared negative views of Wisconsin.

walden_hiker

Quote from: head57 on May 04, 2023, 09:52:35 AM
Quote from: The Legend on May 04, 2023, 09:48:24 AMWhat gives?  You guys don't want to hear it, but I will say it.  You can only treat people poorly for so long.  Before the places you have been to before and the people you have engaged with finally have a story to tell.  And truthfully the story on Bono is not a good one.  He isn't well liked among other coaches. He has been to 3 programs as a head coach and chased 75% of the athletes at each school he inherited away. Destroyed relationships with donors and friends the two previous locations.  Has already begun to lose support here in this state. He uses people as a bridge to get what he wants.  Bono lost me as a supporter his very first year.  I won't go into detail.  But that team needed a pillar someone to rally around after losing a teammate.  He became their biggest obstacle. Don't believe me? Go talk to anyone that was on that team.  (Of course, those guys are just pawns to some of you as well)

If you don't want to go into detail, you're really not adding to the information space. The rest of your post is more of the same...people complaining without being able to show and explain why. For people like me, whose only "inside" connection is someone who fully believes in and supports this staff...it doesn't move the needle.

I have been a fan of the coaching staff. The atmosphere is exciting, and I definitely enjoy improved PR with Jump around Monday, and social media posts and the excitement of seeing It's a great day to be a badger twitter posts. However, my feelings are beginning to shift. Bono's initial recruiting classes were stellar but the last two did not give me the same level of excitement. I brushed it off as waiting for that big 2024 class. Unfortunately, we have two decommits from that class, and all signs are pointing to not landing any top commits.