Great day to be a Badger!

Started by crossface21, April 20, 2023, 05:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on April 21, 2023, 03:48:02 PM
Quote from: npope on April 21, 2023, 01:22:25 PMWhat I think is disappointing here is that the dynamics in play create a negative vibe for Liegel's return to Wisconsin. Geezz, Bono is between a rock and a hard place with his "Great Day to be a Badger!" schtick - do it once and you are obligated to do it for every recruit coming in. If he decided some recruits weren't worthy of the announcement then he would be under-cutting their respective moment in the sun - and do it for everyone and he gets a bunch of forum cowboys grumbling because he didn't recruit the "second-coming."

Liegel shows up as perhaps the best shot for 184 for the Badgers next year and he is personally picked apart by posters as "not being enough."

Please, just have a little maturity and grace and give a kid some space; he's stepping up and challenging himself. I for one applaud him and appreciate him bringing his talent back to Wisconsin. Have a great season!

Forum: Let's bring in Wisconsin kids

Badgers: Here we go! Here's a Wisconsin kid. Family from the state, had great success in HS and was a D3 finalist.

Forum: NO. Not that kid

Your right ghetto. It maybe a 1 year fit but liegal probably a grad student and helps the teams GPA. Solid wrestler for sure and will certainly help Rowley growth being in the room.

I think it is great wisconsin landed a wisconsin kid!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Ghetto

Another Wisconsin kid in the room! Happy to see it.

Congratulations Royce Nilo! You don't have to come in with fanfare. Get to work and prove yourself right.

Great Day to be a Badger!!
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

rjchev141

Quote from: Ghetto on April 25, 2023, 10:56:50 AMAnother Wisconsin kid in the room! Happy to see it. AGREE

Congratulations Royce Nilo! You don't have to come in with fanfare. Get to work and prove yourself right. AGREE

Great Day to be a Badger!! AGREE

Vir Fortis

Quote from: npope on April 21, 2023, 01:22:25 PMWhat I think is disappointing here is that the dynamics in play create a negative vibe for Liegel's return to Wisconsin. Geezz, Bono is between a rock and a hard place with his "Great Day to be a Badger!" schtick - do it once and you are obligated to do it for every recruit coming in. If he decided some recruits weren't worthy of the announcement then he would be under-cutting their respective moment in the sun - and do it for everyone and he gets a bunch of forum cowboys grumbling because he didn't recruit the "second-coming."

Liegel shows up as perhaps the best shot for 184 for the Badgers next year and he is personally picked apart by posters as "not being enough."

Please, just have a little maturity and grace and give a kid some space; he's stepping up and challenging himself. I for one applaud him and appreciate him bringing his talent back to Wisconsin. Have a great season!

I've asked before and I'll ask again, what does he WANT Bono to do?

Top 10 recruits=GREAT Day to be a Badger?
If you're 10-30 on an arbitrary rankings list, "VERY good Day to be a Badger?"
If you're say 30-70, "Hey, nice day to be a Badger.
70-100- "We've had better days, but it's not nothing."
Below 100 "Eh, don't expect anything from this kid..."

It's always a great day to be a Badger. DEAL WITH IT.

I'm wondering what else Estrada will have to do for you to concede...that kid is probably just a good Wrestler, but...I realized a while ago I don't actually care.

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Shane Liegel transferring to Wisconsin marks the 4th Liegel to wrestle for the Badgers.

* Ralph Liegel started for the Badgers in the 80's and was finished in the NCAA Round of 12
* Scott Liegel qualified for the NCAAs in an exciting Big Ten tournament hosted by Wisconsin 
* Seth Liegel was mostly a backup for the Badgers; he was a practice partner of Isaac Jordan

All four Liegels have been recruited by or wrestled for all of Wisconsin Head Coaches in the last 40+ years - Duane Kleven, Russ Hellickson, Andy Rein, Barry Davis and Chris Bono.

One of the toughest wrestling families in Southwest Wisconsin history. One of the great families to wrestle for the Badgers. Now Shane gets his shot.

It's a Great Day to be a Badger!
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

Ghetto

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on May 03, 2023, 01:26:34 PMShane Liegel transferring to Wisconsin marks the 4th Liegel to wrestle for the Badgers.

* Ralph Liegel started for the Badgers in the 80's and was finished in the NCAA Round of 12
* Scott Liegel qualified for the NCAAs in an exciting Big Ten tournament hosted by Wisconsin 
* Seth Liegel was mostly a backup for the Badgers; he was a practice partner of Isaac Jordan

All four Liegels have been recruited by or wrestled for all of Wisconsin Head Coaches in the last 40+ years - Duane Kleven, Russ Hellickson, Andy Rein, Barry Davis and Chris Bono.

One of the toughest wrestling families in Southwest Wisconsin history. One of the great families to wrestle for the Badgers. Now Shane gets his shot.

Thanks for sharing that.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

DocWrestling

That is extremely cool.  Know they are a wrestling family but will be an even bigger fan now.
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Harris

Willie on The First Word said this morning that Hopke has made his decision and it is a done deal.  He will announce today or tomorrow.  If he had signed with the Badgers I would have expected a tweet about it being a great day.  I will be a huge fan of Koy regardless of where he ends up.

BadgerOne

Quote from: Harris on May 05, 2023, 08:38:51 PMWillie on The First Word said this morning that Hopke has made his decision and it is a done deal.  He will announce today or tomorrow.  If he had signed with the Badgers I would have expected a tweet about it being a great day.  I will be a huge fan of Koy regardless of where he ends up.

Willie posted today that Hopke's announcement will be in the "next few days", so might not be until Sunday or even later.

littleguy301

Quote from: Ghetto on May 03, 2023, 03:08:56 PM
Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on May 03, 2023, 01:26:34 PMShane Liegel transferring to Wisconsin marks the 4th Liegel to wrestle for the Badgers.

Thanks for sharing that.

I love the transfer!

Let's get good wisco sin wrestlers in and devolpe that tie! Yes maybe all.arent going to be a stud but as this post shows it builds a room very nice!

There are kids out there from Wisconsin that never once ever got a simple phone call from Bono! That is terrible to be honest!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

WrestlerSB80

Looks like Hopke is going to Minnesota.

mkm13

Another blow.  At this point, Bono may be forced to offering close to full scholarships for wrestlers outside of the top 50 nationally.  Not a good position to be in.

head57

Hopke to the Goofs official. Per his Twitter a few minutes ago.
thats the bottom line
On Wisconsin!

wrestle03

No big surprise that Hopke is going to Minnesota.  Bono loses another one - but he had no real shot at Hopke, lets be honest.