Vote on weight classes

Started by Aquinaswrestling, March 01, 2023, 02:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rankwizard

Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 19, 2023, 12:41:38 PM
Quote from: ThumbWrestler on March 16, 2023, 12:13:00 PMGreat idea, this 14 to 12 thing.

Weaken the best programs. Take away two more chances for kids to wrestle varsity and participate in end of season tournaments.

Yeah, that'll build the sport.

Pretty simple... ask the KID if he wants to be on Varsity and get beat up. If he doesn't, great. If he does, great.

Also, now I understand that every kid that wrestles high school started when they were freshmen. Got it.

Good thing the girls aren't afraid to go on the mat and give it their best shot. What does that say about the boys you are trying to protect?

::)  ::)

Who's making a new account just to come on here and play the intentionally obtuse/snide role?

Yes, the argument has CLEARLY been that nobody wrestles before High School. I remember seeing that dozens(or zero) times in this thread. The point has been made that some Wrestlers are lost because they're pushed out there before being ready. Do you really not believe this happens?

Or is your only rebuttal something ridiculous that OBVIOUSLY nobody ever said or inferred?

Second, you think just "asking the kid," is the way to go? Yes...HS Boys are notoriously not influenced by what their peers think of them.

And if all else fails...just throw it out there that the boys aren't as tough as the girls! That's right! Insult their manhood! I mean, that's REALLY the best way to "grow the sport." ::)  ::)  ::)

He wasn't insulting anyone. You are twisting his words. Girls do go out there to compete against guys knowing they'll lose but it aint about winning for everyone... it's about competing. Not everyone gets a winning record.

Coaches can manage their kids better if they feel some kid doesn't want to go out there. Ask Kaukauna or other top programs that have to send out a "sub-varsity" wrestler in the starting lineup because they don't happen to have a "varsity caliber" wrestler at that weight class in the given year.

I know several dozen teams that maybe want HWT eliminated under your line of reasoning, because they don't have a legit hwt. Probably over 100 teams want HWT eliminated according to your logic.

Ghetto

62.8 percent of the D1 teams in Wisconsin had 12 or less kids on their regional roster.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

whatever

Why are you bringing numbers into this debate?  I thought it was supposed to be all about opinions and emotions and feelings?
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

RWargula

Quote from: Ghetto on March 22, 2023, 10:46:53 PM62.8 percent of the D1 teams in Wisconsin had 12 or less kids on their regional roster.

40.38% (42 of 104 schools) of Division 2 teams had 12 or more wrestlers at Regionals

27.27% of (27 of 99 schools) Division 3 teams had 12 or more wrestlers at Regionals

Ghetto

Quote from: whatever on March 23, 2023, 02:51:31 PMWhy are you bringing numbers into this debate?  I thought it was supposed to be all about opinions and emotions and feelings?

;D

Ghetto

Quote from: RWargula on March 23, 2023, 03:29:47 PM
Quote from: Ghetto on March 22, 2023, 10:46:53 PM62.8 percent of the D1 teams in Wisconsin had 12 or less kids on their regional roster.

40.38% (42 of 104 schools) of Division 2 teams had 12 or more wrestlers at Regionals

27.27% of (27 of 99 schools) Division 3 teams had 12 or more wrestlers at Regionals

We are doing different math.

74.0% of D2 schools had 12 or less at regionals

Vir Fortis

Quote from: rankwizard on March 22, 2023, 07:49:41 AM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 19, 2023, 12:41:38 PM
Quote from: ThumbWrestler on March 16, 2023, 12:13:00 PMGreat idea, this 14 to 12 thing.

Weaken the best programs. Take away two more chances for kids to wrestle varsity and participate in end of season tournaments.

Yeah, that'll build the sport.

Pretty simple... ask the KID if he wants to be on Varsity and get beat up. If he doesn't, great. If he does, great.

Also, now I understand that every kid that wrestles high school started when they were freshmen. Got it.

Good thing the girls aren't afraid to go on the mat and give it their best shot. What does that say about the boys you are trying to protect?

::)  ::)

Who's making a new account just to come on here and play the intentionally obtuse/snide role?

Yes, the argument has CLEARLY been that nobody wrestles before High School. I remember seeing that dozens(or zero) times in this thread. The point has been made that some Wrestlers are lost because they're pushed out there before being ready. Do you really not believe this happens?

Or is your only rebuttal something ridiculous that OBVIOUSLY nobody ever said or inferred?

Second, you think just "asking the kid," is the way to go? Yes...HS Boys are notoriously not influenced by what their peers think of them.

And if all else fails...just throw it out there that the boys aren't as tough as the girls! That's right! Insult their manhood! I mean, that's REALLY the best way to "grow the sport." ::)  ::)  ::)

He wasn't insulting anyone. You are twisting his words. Girls do go out there to compete against guys knowing they'll lose but it aint about winning for everyone... it's about competing. Not everyone gets a winning record.

Coaches can manage their kids better if they feel some kid doesn't want to go out there. Ask Kaukauna or other top programs that have to send out a "sub-varsity" wrestler in the starting lineup because they don't happen to have a "varsity caliber" wrestler at that weight class in the given year.

I know several dozen teams that maybe want HWT eliminated under your line of reasoning, because they don't have a legit hwt. Probably over 100 teams want HWT eliminated according to your logic.

Suuuure he wasn't!
QuoteGood thing the girls aren't afraid to go on the mat and give it their best shot. What does that say about the boys you are trying to protect?

So...then what DOES it say?
QuoteAlso, now I understand that every kid that wrestles high school started when they were freshmen. Got it.

Yup. That's ME twisting words!

LOL...the other guy isn't even worth responding to.

RWargula

Quote from: Ghetto on March 23, 2023, 03:45:31 PM
Quote from: RWargula on March 23, 2023, 03:29:47 PM

We are doing different math.

74.0% of D2 schools had 12 or less at regionals

I included teams that entered 12, 13, or 14 as "full teams"  as those are the number of weight classes that are being debated.  I assume you included 12 as teams that "were not full", hopefully that makes sense.  I feel like we are on the same page overall.

coachW

Does anyone know when we are expected to hear a decision on weight classes from the WIAA?