TomM

Fun to see Parker Keckeisen UNI 22-1 Seeded #1
He went to my alma mater (Nicolet).
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

whatever

I hate watching the lack of stalling calls when it was unquestionably occurring.... I.e. the guy is up by 2 or more with less than 15 seconds left in the match and just literally starts running away.

I realize it isn't going to change the outcome but call it!  CALL IT EVERYTIME!

I also hate how they almost refuse to call stalling on the top guy if he's winning.  I agree that the top guy should not have to be jumping out looking for near fall late in a match if he's winning but if he's riding parallel and just killing the clock while the bottom guy can't move, he should be called for stalling if he doesn't get off the bottom guy's hips.
"....the older I get, the better I was....."

TomM

I agree. I also think that from the neutral position when there is a shot by one wrestler the defensive wrestler who just grabs a leg and lays there clutching the leg against their chest should be called for stalling because they're not trying to improve their position.

Chinpin

Quote from: TomM on March 14, 2023, 02:29:17 PMFun to see Parker Keckeisen UNI 22-1 Seeded #1
He went to my alma mater (Nicolet).
;)

DocWrestling

This year had to be a record year for least amount of stalling calls.

I think there has to be a rule change that states...

A wrestler that initiates a takedown (maybe defined as going to a knee and locking on a leg) is awarded one point if the action ends in a stalemate.

Too many great shots that are just shut down with techniques to create stalemates.

Reward offensive action from the feet.  Just way too many stalemates on takedown attempts
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

TomM

DocWrestling

Or you could give the defensive wrestler a stalling call.  Make the official give a stalling call to one wrestler every time a stalemate is created from the neutral position.

I like the point better because refs get real hesitant to call stalling when a point is involved.  Bad enough to have them call it when there has not been a call yet but much worse when they don't want to call a second one.

bigoil

While I didn't understand a few review calls, Hamiti I believe being one of them, for the most part I thought they were far better than regular season having others involved besides the lead ref. Regular season calls are rarely overturned and I seen quite a few overturned. How to implement for regular season?

DocWrestling

In terms of reviews all sports need to go to a central command.  Having officials look at tiny screens sweating in the middle of an arena with people screaming at them is the worst format possible.  May not be possible for all regular season events but should be for postseason.

Better views on bigger screens in a controlled environment

Gutwrench

I was there in person for all sessions.  I didn't see one instance of poor sportsmanship by the losing wrestler all tournament. For example the only thrown headgear I saw was the guy in the finals after he won the match  :) On the other end of the spectrum I can't recall seeing any taunting, gloating, or showboating by any of the winning wrestlers.

Kudos to the integrity of the wrestlers competing in this awesome tournament.  Win or lose, I saw them get up, shake their opponents hand, and give each other the respect they deserve. I'm already looking forward to Kansas City next year!!