NCAA predictions

Started by wrestle_4ever, March 14, 2023, 11:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghetto

Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 18, 2023, 01:06:03 PM
Quote from: Wrestling Thug on March 18, 2023, 12:36:25 PMCan someone slap Shane Sparks with a piece of a resalite mat! He definitely earned his money from resalite for the amount of times he mentions resalite!

My GOD is that annoying! He just throws it out there outta nowhere.

He does a GOOD job, but ever since this got pointed out to me, it's like a laugh track, it's hard to listen to.

Just make it 3 times per match. As "they toe the line in the middle of the resilite," or when there's a big mat return, "slams him back to the resilite." But not it's "as they circle the resilite."

There will be no Shane Sparks slander on this forum!

Dude is as passionate as they come. I don't care what he says. I am appreciative of him every time he talks up Wisconsin wrestling on a national stage. He goes out of his way to make sure he gets his Wisconsin tidbits in. We need that to combat the other noise that comes out about the program.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

Vir Fortis

Quote from: Ghetto on March 18, 2023, 01:17:37 PM
Quote from: Wrestling Thug on March 18, 2023, 12:36:25 PMCan someone slap Shane Sparks with a piece of a resalite mat! He definitely earned his money from resalite for the amount of times he mentions resalite!

He does a GOOD job, but ever since this got pointed out to me, it's like a laugh track, it's hard to listen to.

Just make it 3 times per match. As "they toe the line in the middle of the resilite," or when there's a big mat return, "slams him back to the resilite." But not it's "as they circle the resilite."

Dude is as passionate as they come. I don't care what he says. I am appreciative of him every time he talks up Wisconsin wrestling on a national stage. He goes out of his way to make sure he gets his Wisconsin tidbits in. We need that to combat the other noise that comes out about the program.

LOL...I should have couched that a bit better by saying I think he does a great job. It's just that one little thing that you hear a LOT.

But he does a great job. I remember seeing him walking into a tournament as a kid and he had a suit and a microphone and I'm not sure if he started this interviews himself or what, but he has done a LOT to promote this sport.

DocWrestling

Lee missed today to go help his mom get new glasses

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Iowa wrestler Spencer Lee went for his 4th national championship tonight but unfortunately got upset.

His mom was not happy and it looks like she'll need some new glasses as wellpic.twitter.com/yoTNN6gPQy</p>&mdash; Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1636916632961400832?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 18

Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

DocWrestling

As bad as Spencer Lee and mom response has been, it has been absolutely amazing the class and dignity from so many wrestlers after crushing defeat and after thrilling victories.

Every match should end with the respect shown like the Carr/O'Toole match
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

Vir Fortis

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 18, 2023, 07:22:52 PMAs bad as Spencer Lee and mom response has been, it has been absolutely amazing the class and dignity from so many wrestlers after crushing defeat and after thrilling victories.

Every match should end with the respect shown like the Carr/O'Toole match

I don't think Lee and his Mom's response was that big of a deal. That was a chance to go down in History and for the 2nd time...he fell short. He was still there for his teammates.

But I do agree, I like to see guys show genuine admiration. Especially this morning on the backside when guys are beat up and already AAs and just wrestling for pride.

wrestle_4ever

Shane sparks is the best thing to happen to NCAA wrestling!
It ain't the six minutes...it's what happens in that six minutes

Wrestling Thug

Quote from: Wrestling Thug on March 19, 2023, 10:14:44 AM
Quote from: wrestle_4ever on March 19, 2023, 12:39:38 AM
;D

Shane sparks is the best thing to happen to NCAA wrestling! ;D

Chuck

To me Shane Sparks is to wrestling as Bob Uecker is to Milwaukee Brewer baseball.

TomM

He does his homework, like nobody else.
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"