NCAA predictions

Started by wrestle_4ever, March 14, 2023, 11:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vir Fortis

Quote from: dman on March 16, 2023, 08:22:59 AM
Quote from: bigoil on March 15, 2023, 08:40:28 AM
Quote from: dman on March 15, 2023, 08:31:50 AM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 15, 2023, 06:02:21 AM
Quote from: bigoil on March 14, 2023, 02:43:51 PMI want some of what you are drinking or eating :)... Lee isn't losing unless he's injured, heck Glory I could see missing weight.

Badgers will be battling, hoping for 6, would love the top 4 guys, two in the semi's, to all AA with Zargo and Amos getting to the bloodround.

Nobody could see Lee losing to DeSanto either. DeSanto kept it close, didn't go under him and then in the 3rd period when Lee was gassed(and he's still got issues with his gas tank right now) he was able to wear him down and break him.

Not saying it'll happen, but Glory is a HUGE '25. If he gets to the finals, he needs to steal a page from the Nelson Brands handbook the first 5 minutes and hope he can wear him down.

And he should be about 150 Sat night...again, assuming the cutting doesn't cost him in the quarters or Semis.

When did that happen again?
HS State

I know...it was meant as sarcastic given he was using a high school match as a way to prove Lee could lose in the NCAA's.  Better off saying "anything could happen" then use a match that long ago to make a point.

By the way...Lee easily wins his fourth and is the best Hawk ever.

Yeah, easily won that match... ;D  ;D

mike

Quote from: bigoil on March 14, 2023, 02:43:51 PMI want some of what you are drinking or eating :)... Lee isn't losing unless he's injured, heck Glory I could see missing weight.

Badgers will be battling, hoping for 6, would love the top 4 guys, two in the semi's, to all AA with Zargo and Amos getting to the bloodround.

Nobody could see Lee losing to DeSanto either. DeSanto kept it close, didn't go under him and then in the 3rd period when Lee was gassed(and he's still got issues with his gas tank right now) he was able to wear him down and break him.

Not saying it'll happen, but Glory is a HUGE '25. If he gets to the finals, he needs to steal a page from the Nelson Brands handbook the first 5 minutes and hope he can wear him down.

And he should be about 150 Sat night...again, assuming the cutting doesn't cost him in the quarters or Semis.

HS State

I know...it was meant as sarcastic given he was using a high school match as a way to prove Lee could lose in the NCAA's.  Better off saying "anything could happen" then use a match that long ago to make a point.

That aged poorly

Vir Fortis

Quote from: mike on March 17, 2023, 09:17:40 PM

HS State

That aged poorly
;)  ;D  ;D

Wrestling Thug

Noto or Cronin will beat Spencer

No One Cares

Lee will MFF out. You watch.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: No One Cares on March 17, 2023, 10:27:55 PMLee will MFF out. You watch.

I'd be pretty surprised by that.

Vir Fortis

Well, I'm pretty surprised. I really didn't think Lee would finish his career like THIS. He's healthy(save for his Ego and Mom's glasses) and he's not Wrestling.

PSU officially wins the title with Lee choosing to MFF out of the Tourney(not that this was in doubt). Pretty shocking and again, kinda disappointing finish from Lee.

bigoil

Ghetto

Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 18, 2023, 09:18:17 AMWell, I'm pretty surprised. I really didn't think Lee would finish his career like THIS. He's healthy(save for his Ego and Mom's glasses) and he's not Wrestling.

PSU officially wins the title with Lee choosing to MFF out of the Tourney(not that this was in doubt). Pretty shocking and again, kinda disappointing finish from Lee.

I really hope he IS hurt. I know that's strange to say, but defaulting out after losing is a sad way to end an amazing career.
As long as we are keeping score, I've got something to prove

mkm13

Penn state is incredible. To put the gap between Penn State and UW in perpective, 7 of their wrestlers will finish higher than our best wrestler (Hamiti). Their 8th best wrestler is a returning national champ, who will also AA.

To be clear, the gap between Penn State and everyone is huge.  But is is just incredible to think a guy we think is incredible (Hamiti), would still finish 8th best out of 10 weights at penn state.

JAMMIN

Quote from: Ghetto on March 18, 2023, 10:13:48 AM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 18, 2023, 09:18:17 AMWell, I'm pretty surprised. I really didn't think Lee would finish his career like THIS. He's healthy(save for his Ego and Mom's glasses) and he's not Wrestling.

I really hope he IS hurt. I know that's strange to say, but defaulting out after losing is a sad way to end an amazing career.

He's not hurt.   He didn't even show up at the arena.  This is a real bad look for him.   I thought he had more character than that.   Can't say I feel bad that he lost now.   Perhaps Karma won another battle.

Wrestling Thug

Can someone slap Shane Sparks with a piece of a resalite mat! He definitely earned his money from resalite for the amount of times he mentions resalite!

Vir Fortis

Quote from: Wrestling Thug on March 18, 2023, 12:36:25 PMCan someone slap Shane Sparks with a piece of a resalite mat! He definitely earned his money from resalite for the amount of times he mentions resalite!

My GOD is that annoying! He just throws it out there outta nowhere.

He does a GOOD job, but ever since this got pointed out to me, it's like a laugh track, it's hard to listen to.

Just make it 3 times per match. As "they toe the line in the middle of the resilite," or when there's a big mat return, "slams him back to the resilite." But not it's "as they circle the resilite."

Vir Fortis

Quote from: Wrestling Thug on March 18, 2023, 11:48:31 AM
Quote from: bigoil on March 18, 2023, 09:41:43 AM
Quote from: imwi on March 17, 2023, 08:04:59 PM
Quote from: Wrestling Thug on March 16, 2023, 05:22:27 PMIt'll be Ramos or Glory as the champ

Good call
Yes he called it!!
Thanks

Like I said, I thought he could be beat, but NOT by Ramos. Ramos was up 8-1 and still got teched in the 1st period. I thought he had a chance to hit a big throw, but Lee's not the hardest guy to take down. I did NOT think that Ramos would limit it to one turn.

I just thought maybe Glory...but not Ramos.

That was an impressive prediction.