NCAA Session III

Started by vsmf2010, March 17, 2023, 09:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

No One Cares

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 17, 2023, 02:24:14 PMI missed Barnett's win and Gomez getting stuck.  What happened?

Barnett won and Gomez got stuck.

vsmf2010

Barnett wrestle well and won a controlled match. Austin got in on an early throw that went off the mat. Got in on a single but Lamer caught his arm and got him in a whipover to his back. Major bummer!

DocWrestling

What is the story on this Ventresca wrestling tough as the #27 seed?
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

JAMMIN

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 17, 2023, 02:37:31 PMWhat is the story on this Ventresca wrestling tough as the #27 seed?

Shouldn't all seeds wrestle tough?  Usually when a lower seed wins it is because he wanted it more.

Handles II

Quote from: Ghetto on March 17, 2023, 12:47:08 PMTough loss for Hamiti. Kept the pressure on Amine the entire time. Got out of position one time late.

Stalling calls used to be a thing in NCAA, it's almost non-existent now unless you are on bottom and top guy is a legger with riding time accumulated.

vsmf2010

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 17, 2023, 02:37:31 PMWhat is the story on this Ventresca wrestling tough as the #27 seed?

Looked at his record. Wrestles lots of really close matches. Seems like almost every match against a top 50 guy win or lose was a 1 pointer or OT.

Wrestling Thug

Spencer Lee and Amine both stalled a lot in their last matches!

DocWrestling

Barnett and Hamiti each lost due to being outscouted and lacking offensive attacks.  Hamiti only tried a couple half inappropriate term2 arm drag slide bys and Barnett never had any kind of attack.  The one scramble in first period was off of the VT attack.

Both had to wrestle guys scared of them but their gameplan won. 

1Iota

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 17, 2023, 07:36:06 PMBarnett and Hamiti each lost due to being outscouted and lacking offensive attacks.  Hamiti only tried a couple half inappropriate term2 arm drag slide bys and Barnett never had any kind of attack.  The one scramble in first period was off of the VT attack.

I 100% agree with this assessment.  Makes me wonder what is going on in the room? 

bigoil

Quote from: 1Iota on March 17, 2023, 07:37:26 PM
Quote from: DocWrestling on March 17, 2023, 07:36:06 PMBarnett and Hamiti each lost due to being outscouted and lacking offensive attacks.  Hamiti only tried a couple half inappropriate term2 arm drag slide bys and Barnett never had any kind of attack.  The one scramble in first period was off of the VT attack.

I 100% agree with this assessment.  Makes me wonder what is going on in the room? 

Barnett lost because he got turned, allowed the VT kid to choose neutral. That's outwrestled.

Hamiti lost because Amine stalls

1Iota

Quote from: bigoil on March 17, 2023, 07:49:55 PM
Quote from: 1Iota on March 17, 2023, 07:37:26 PM

Barnett lost because he got turned, allowed the VT kid to choose neutral. That's outwrestled.

Hamiti lost because Amine stalls

Except Barnett then chose neutral and didn't take a shot.  Amine does stall and it should have cost him a point. 

DocWrestling

Barnett chose down and got turned.  VT chose neutral.

Nice win by Hamiti and congrats to him. 

Unfortunately my predictions are coming true for number of AA's

Hillger will need to win to keep us in the top 20

DocWrestling

DocWrestling

Hamiti has Northern Illinois.  Beat him 6-0 at Midlands

DocWrestling