NCAA predictions

Started by wrestle_4ever, March 14, 2023, 11:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vsmf2010

Quote from: bigoil on March 15, 2023, 08:40:28 AM
Quote from: dman on March 15, 2023, 08:31:50 AM
Quote from: Vir Fortis on March 15, 2023, 06:02:21 AM
Quote from: bigoil on March 14, 2023, 02:43:51 PMI want some of what you are drinking or eating :)... Lee isn't losing unless he's injured, heck Glory I could see missing weight.

Badgers will be battling, hoping for 6, would love the top 4 guys, two in the semi's, to all AA with Zargo and Amos getting to the bloodround.

Nobody could see Lee losing to DeSanto either. DeSanto kept it close, didn't go under him and then in the 3rd period when Lee was gassed(and he's still got issues with his gas tank right now) he was able to wear him down and break him.

Not saying it'll happen, but Glory is a HUGE '25. If he gets to the finals, he needs to steal a page from the Nelson Brands handbook the first 5 minutes and hope he can wear him down.

And he should be about 150 Sat night...again, assuming the cutting doesn't cost him in the quarters or Semis.

When did that happen again?
HS State

With the covid year and medical red shirts is that about 15 years ago?  ;D

It will be nice not to see Lee in Black and Gold anymore. If he is in Red, White and Blue I will be rooting for him!

leg turk

Didn't Glory stick Lee last year at their dual? Or maybe the year before?

vsmf2010

Quote from: leg turk on March 15, 2023, 11:56:36 AMDidn't Glory stick Lee last year at their dual? Or maybe the year before?

No sir. Have not wrestled since 2018 and Lee beat him both times. 12-6 and 18-2.

Lee has five losses. Three in 2019. Twice to SeaBass and was pinned by Piccininni in the Iowa/OSU dual. Two in 2018. Tomasello at the Big Tens and Ronnie Bresser at the Midlands. I seem to remember Lee being hurt at the Midlands because I think he med forfeited out after the Bresser match.

wrestle_4ever

It is no secret that Glory is a hammer on top. Lee has major gas tank issues right now so if he can keep it close into the third...well, you better get your popcorn ready

Looking forward to it
It ain't the six minutes...it's what happens in that six minutes

leg turk

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 15, 2023, 12:16:17 PM
Quote from: leg turk on March 15, 2023, 11:56:36 AMDidn't Glory stick Lee last year at their dual? Or maybe the year before?

No sir. Have not wrestled since 2018 and Lee beat him both times. 12-6 and 18-2.

Lee has five losses. Three in 2019. Twice to SeaBass and was pinned by Piccininni in the Iowa/OSU dual. Two in 2018. Tomasello at the Big Tens and Ronnie Bresser at the Midlands. I seem to remember Lee being hurt at the Midlands because I think he med forfeited out after the Bresser match.
Ahhh yes, Piccininni.

dman

Quote from: bigoil on March 14, 2023, 02:43:51 PMI want some of what you are drinking or eating :)... Lee isn't losing unless he's injured, heck Glory I could see missing weight.

Badgers will be battling, hoping for 6, would love the top 4 guys, two in the semi's, to all AA with Zargo and Amos getting to the bloodround.

Nobody could see Lee losing to DeSanto either. DeSanto kept it close, didn't go under him and then in the 3rd period when Lee was gassed(and he's still got issues with his gas tank right now) he was able to wear him down and break him.

Not saying it'll happen, but Glory is a HUGE '25. If he gets to the finals, he needs to steal a page from the Nelson Brands handbook the first 5 minutes and hope he can wear him down.

And he should be about 150 Sat night...again, assuming the cutting doesn't cost him in the quarters or Semis.

HS State

I know...it was meant as sarcastic given he was using a high school match as a way to prove Lee could lose in the NCAA's.  Better off saying "anything could happen" then use a match that long ago to make a point.

By the way...Lee easily wins his fourth and is the best Hawk ever.

Wrestling Thug

It'll be Ramos or Glory as the champ

dad 2 5

Lots of upsets already. Sure would be good to see some Badgers get in on that and beat some seeds higher then they are.

littleguy301

Quote from: No One Cares on March 15, 2023, 11:02:44 AM
Quote from: littleguy301 on March 15, 2023, 10:43:34 AM

Lee gassed against de Santo? How about torn ACL as a better excuse. De Santo beat him fair and square and Lee admits that also but let's factor in a torn ACL instead of a gas tank issue.

You be the judge!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1TobSYS8eo

I realize that Lee wasn't 100% but you gonout and wrestle on a freshly token ACL and let's see you make it to the finals of any tournament. Lee won't make an excuse but with a freshly token ACL that required surgery after state and he was back at the Midlands in December. Pretty impressive feat on Lee part and great smart wrestling on de Santo part.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

littleguy301

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 14, 2023, 12:35:22 PMI guess I am predicting two AA's.  Hamiti is expected.  I think Barnett or Hillger will be an AA but one of them will stumble.  Playing the odds that one of them will.  Hoping both but have to make a prediction.

I just don't believe Gomez will be able to get through that gauntlet as he is not healed and I would highly guess he will need surgery as soon as tournament is over

Amos would be a huge surprise if he could finally win the close ones against top opponents.  Don't think he has the offense to do it and stalling calls come fast at nationals

Nice honest post.

I wish the badgers for 4 at least, maybe it can happen and I hope it does!
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

Vir Fortis

Their Sr year of HS when Lee was already a world champ and had teched DeSanto the year before.

Vir Fortis

Quote from: dman on March 16, 2023, 08:22:59 AM

HS State

I know...it was meant as sarcastic given he was using a high school match as a way to prove Lee could lose in the NCAA's.  Better off saying "anything could happen" then use a match that long ago to make a point.

By the way...Lee easily wins his fourth and is the best Hawk ever.

Ahh...yeah, that means the match couldn't play out in a similar fashion because it was high school ::)

And it wasn't "Meant to prove" anything, it was providing a hypothetical scenario in which Lee could lose given he wrestles pretty much the same now. TD and Tilt...and his gas tank isn't exactly on F right now.

bigoil

First to wrestle thug, you called it and Vir you backed it up!

Didn't see it happening

imwi

Vir Fortis

Quote from: bigoil on March 17, 2023, 07:47:43 PM

First to wrestle thug, you called it and Vir you backed it up!

Didn't see it happening

I mean...I didn't see THAT coming!

I thought Ramos going under was crazy and that was the end, but...once he got into the 3rd!

That was...unbelievable!