new top 50 P4P

Started by JacobRaschka, March 09, 2023, 11:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JacobRaschka

New top 50 p4p now out on rokfin
https://rokfin.com/ranking/3184/Top-50-P4P-3923

Lots of new faces and some shakeups since the last P4P.

Wis-Mallard

Would a 220 pound version of Scoles or Clark beat Hopke?

sled77

Jbsi

Would a 220 pound version of Scoles or Clark beat Hopke?

No, IMO

Wis-Mallard

It is an impossible question. I think 220 Scoles wins.

bigoil

Wis-Mallard

Scoles would obviously be 6'3" at about 8% body fat to make fair comparison.

bigoil

Quote from: Wis-Mallard on March 09, 2023, 09:21:04 PMScoles would obviously be 6'3" at about 8% body fat to make fair comparison.
Then he's not the same wrestler, style, etc.

Obviously, there's been some really successful lighter weights that I've moved up to heavier weights with a lot of success, which I think is your point.

Wis-Mallard

In my opinion, 138-170 are much deeper than 220. Very few 220s train much in the off-season compared to middle weights. We are seeing more big guys train in summer but way less than smaller to middle weights. Scoles and O'Toole are some of the best wrestlers I've seen in the past 10 years in Wisconsin. Scoles beat a 4x finalist at 145 to win his first title.

Hopke is great! We are splitting hairs here, but I would have Scoles as number 1.

statman

Quote from: Wis-Mallard on March 09, 2023, 01:42:51 PMWould a 220 pound version of Scoles or Clark beat Hopke?

Short answer is no. A little more elaborate answer is absolutely  not.

Hopke is the best high school wrestler I've ever seen. Not sure if scoles makes my top 10.
they don't call me statman for nothin

madeyson

Quote from: statman on March 10, 2023, 06:03:05 AM
Quote from: Wis-Mallard on March 09, 2023, 01:42:51 PMWould a 220 pound version of Scoles or Clark beat Hopke?

Hopke is the best high school wrestler I've ever seen. Not sure if scoles makes my top 10.

Ha! To say Hopke is better than Keegan O'Tool is humorous!

Admit biased - but i will use fact and not just an eye test.

123-1 in three seasons- only loss to the current #1 at 145 by 2 points. Wins against 6 nationally ranked wrestlers in the last 9 months. Beat a 3x state finalist, 2x state champ in the state finals sophomore year - by major decision. 76% of high school wins were by fall or tech fall. Given the assumption they are the same weight you are saying this wrestler doesn't have a chance?

Don't have the info but quite sure the other mentioned wrestler has some pretty impressive numbers as well.

bigoil

Isn't Sinclair that guy?

I believe I had heard Sinclair lost to a guy this year that Koy beat, LG you may have told me that one, don't remember the details.

statman

Quote from: madeyson on March 10, 2023, 08:19:21 AM

123-1 in three seasons- only loss to the current #1 at 145 by 2 points. Wins against 6 nationally ranked wrestlers in the last 9 months. Beat a 3x state finalist, 2x state champ in the state finals sophomore year - by major decision. 76% of high school wins were by fall or tech fall. Given the assumption they are the same weight you are saying this wrestler doesn't have a chance?

Don't have the info but quite sure the other mentioned wrestler has some pretty impressive numbers as well.

Hopke is a better high school wrestler than otoole. Period end of story.

As a freshman at 220lbs he had state Champs bumping up to get away from him because he would pin them. A freshman... at 220... not a freshman wrestling little guys. A freshman wrestling grown men and they were afraid of him.

As far as bias... I'm not sure what you mean. I live in algoma and grew up in green bay. I don't know anyone from amery.

When was hopkes last loss at any level?

madeyson

Quote from: statman on March 10, 2023, 09:42:13 AM

As a freshman at 220lbs he had state Champs bumping up to get away from him because he would pin them. A freshman... at 220... not a freshman wrestling little guys. A freshman wrestling grown men and they were afraid of him.

As far as bias... I'm not sure what you mean. I live in algoma and grew up in green bay. I don't know anyone from amery.

Bias was mine not yours - pick on the "little guys" over grown men - nice! No use arguing with nonsense. I think David Taylor starting as a little guy then wrestling - in your words "grown men" did just fine. Size and maturity do not correlate to success in high school wrestling. You keyboard warriors that hide behind a screen throwing out digs on kids is bad. Koy Hopke is a beast and a pleasure to watch - was just trying to stir debate with facts and not insults as you did.

statman

Quote from: madeyson on March 10, 2023, 10:38:05 AM
Quote from: statman on March 10, 2023, 09:42:13 AM

Bias was mine not yours - pick on the "little guys" over grown men - nice! No use arguing with nonsense. I think David Taylor starting as a little guy then wrestling - in your words "grown men" did just fine. Size and maturity do not correlate to success in high school wrestling. You keyboard warriors that hide behind a screen throwing out digs on kids is bad. Koy Hopke is a beast and a pleasure to watch - was just trying to stir debate with facts and not insults as you did.

My name is Rory Vanden Avond. What's yours keyboard warrior?

What did I say that was an insult? No need to play the victim card. It's a fact that as a freshman it's easier to win it all at the lighter weights than it is the upper weights. Don't know that would be considered an insult.