D1 NCAA brackets

Started by leg turk, March 08, 2023, 07:36:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leg turk

Gomez with the 15 seed. Gets the number 2 seed Sasso if he wins first round.

Below is the URL that can be used to log people directly into this event to view results.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/predefinedtournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=683912132

vsmf2010

Not a lot of love for the Big Ten at a lot of weights considering the % of AA's that typically come from the Big Ten. Seems like record was prioritized over quality of competition. Ultimately it does not matter because the draws get all jacked up with the upsets and injuries.

DocWrestling

Wish Barnett could have been placed away from Lee to make a run
Of Course, this is only my opinion and no one elses!

vsmf2010

Not sure how to embed a pdf but if you go to this link and click on brackets it will pull up the pdf. If anyone can tell me how to embed a pdf on the forum please share.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2023-03-08/2023-ncaa-di-wrestling-brackets-preview-every-weight-class

vsmf2010

Quote from: DocWrestling on March 08, 2023, 08:07:28 PMWish Barnett could have been placed away from Lee to make a run

A bit surprised to see Barnett, McKee and DeAugustino the 9, 11 and 12

BadgerOne

Barnett, Model and Braxton got brutal paths.

TomM

Below is the URL that can be used to log people directly into this event to view results.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/predefinedtournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=683912132
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

vsmf2010

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 08, 2023, 08:15:13 PMBarnett, Model and Braxton got brutal paths.
100% on Barnett and Model. Call me crazy but I kind of thought that Braxton's path was not the worst considering he was going to be a double digit seed. I know Bonaccorsi is the 1 seed, undefeated and was a finalist but every time I watch him he seems beatable. If he could get by Pentz, somehow pull that upset off and Allred beats Dean again I would like to see Braxton against Allred again. In the dual he got the first takedown, was controlling the match and seemed like he was in good shape until he got dinged. I went back and rewatched the match real quick to see if I remembered correctly. He injured his groin or a flexor (right leg) going out of bounds with 15 seconds left in the first and was never the same after that.

ocwrestler

Aaron Brooks with the 3 seed? That's ridiculous.

BadgerOne

Quote from: vsmf2010 on March 08, 2023, 08:29:59 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on March 08, 2023, 08:15:13 PMBarnett, Model and Braxton got brutal paths.
100% on Barnett and Model. Call me crazy but I kind of thought that Braxton's path was not the worst considering he was going to be a double digit seed. I know Bonaccorsi is the 1 seed, undefeated and was a finalist but every time I watch him he seems beatable. If he could get by Pentz, somehow pull that upset off and Allred beats Dean again I would like to see Braxton against Allred again. In the dual he got the first takedown, was controlling the match and seemed like he was in good shape until he got dinged. I went back and rewatched the match real quick to see if I remembered correctly. He injured his groin or a flexor (right leg) going out of bounds with 15 seconds left in the first and was never the same after that.

I'm assuming he'd have to beat the top seed and Max Dean.  I think Dean would beat Allred if they meet up again.  I think the top seed, Max Dean and Allred in one quarter of the bracket is a bracket that I would rather not be in.

BadgerOne

Quote from: ocwrestler on March 08, 2023, 08:42:43 PMAaron Brooks with the 3 seed? That's ridiculous.
Well he has one loss so I understand, but he's also easily the favorite overall.

ocwrestler

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 08, 2023, 08:45:06 PM
Quote from: ocwrestler on March 08, 2023, 08:42:43 PMAaron Brooks with the 3 seed? That's ridiculous.
Well he has one loss so I understand, but he's also easily the favorite overall.

So does Keckheisen and Hidlay. If all of them have a loss the one seed should have went to the two time returning national champ

bigoil

That's what I thought.

bigoil

Most guys will end up in the consis so sees almost doesn't matter, a bit of luck to see who gets upset and falls to your side of the consi bracket.