2023 Big Ten Wrestling Championships & Brackets

Started by TomM, March 03, 2023, 04:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

TomM

As of 2:43pm CST UW Qualifiers (correct?)

Eric Barnett - 125
Taylor Lamont - 133
Joe Zargo - 141
(Gomez ONLY if he gets a Wild Card)
??? Garrett Model - 157
Dean Hamiti - 165
Braxton Amos - 197
Trent Hillger - 285
Seek excellence and truth instead of fame -John Prime
Courage is grace under pressure - Ernest Hemingway
Advocating "matside weigh-in" since 1997
"That's why they wrestle the matches"

wrestlemania

Congrats to Taylor Lamont for winning the ninth place match and qualifying for the NCAAs!

Oh and Kyle Burwick? 0-3 in the B1G meet. Seems like there was a lot of commotion for nothing. But I'm sure UW's recruiting in North Dakota will suffer.  ::)

TomM

Model defaults the 11th place match.
What does that mean for qualifying?

walden_hiker

Quote from: wrestlemania on March 05, 2023, 02:45:29 PMCongrats to Taylor Lamont for winning the ninth place match and qualifying for the NCAAs!

Oh and Kyle Burwick? 0-3 in the B1G meet. Seems like there was a lot of commotion for nothing. But I'm sure UW's recruiting in North Dakota will suffer.  ::)

I'm not going to rip on a college kid, but I am sure Nebraska will be recruiting over Burwick to try and upgrade a weight that did not qualify for NCAA. Again a lot of commotion over nothing.

bigoil

Quote from: TomM on March 05, 2023, 02:54:26 PMModel defaults the 11th place match.
He took 10th

Wisconsin Wrestling Fan

Quote from: bigoil on March 05, 2023, 03:03:07 PM
Quote from: TomM on March 05, 2023, 02:54:26 PMModel defaults the 11th place match.
He took 10th

Model defaulted the 9th place match
Kirk Nelson
Badger Wrestling Team 1983-1984
UW-Madison. BBA Degree. Marketing Major.
Fennimore High School http://rvwrestlingalum.com/Programs/1982_files/145.pdf

wrestlemania

Quote from: walden_hiker on March 05, 2023, 02:58:20 PM
Quote from: wrestlemania on March 05, 2023, 02:45:29 PMCongrats to Taylor Lamont for winning the ninth place match and qualifying for the NCAAs!

I'm not going to rip on a college kid, but I am sure Nebraska will be recruiting over Burwick to try and upgrade a weight that did not qualify for NCAA. Again a lot of commotion over nothing.

But he and his fans and UNL had no problem ripping UW did they? And stir up a lot of crap that just turned out to be just a big distraction. Maybe next time they'll back up their big mouths with results.

npope

Quote from: wrestlemania on March 05, 2023, 03:19:05 PM

But he and his fans and UNL had no problem ripping UW did they? And stir up a lot of crap that just turned out to be just a big distraction. Maybe next time they'll back up their big mouths with results.

There are times in life to be deliberately bigger than "small" people. This is one of them.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

onwisconsin

Quote from: npope on March 05, 2023, 03:32:08 PM
Quote from: wrestlemania on March 05, 2023, 03:19:05 PM

There are times in life to be deliberately bigger than "small" people. This is one of them.

Exactly.

bigoil

I love that Amos and Barnett avenged losses, and to MN doesn't hurt :)

onwisconsin

TomM

Quote from: Wisconsin Wrestling Fan on March 05, 2023, 03:08:12 PM
Quote from: bigoil on March 05, 2023, 03:03:07 PM
He took 10th
Model defaulted the 9th place match
OK, Thanks. The online brackets were confusing to me. (D'OH) ...

dad 2 5

Quote from: crossface21 on March 04, 2023, 08:56:31 PMHere's video of Gomez's slam

https://twitter.com/drewblogz/status/1632159721120489480?s=10

thanks for sharing that. I see why the call, he left his feet and I think that is part of the rule. Stinks because he even rolled the shoulder away to not slam the shoulder into the guy.

dad 2 5