2023 Big Ten Wrestling Championships & Brackets

Started by TomM, March 03, 2023, 04:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BadgerOne

I don't see any ninth place brackets on Trackwrestling like I have seen in years past.  If anyone sees them up somewhere, please post a link. 

Are the four losers of the consolation quarterfinals all in contention for the 9th spot?  So assuming 14 wrestlers in a bracket only two wrestlers are completely eliminated from a top 9 placement for each of the weights with at least 9 allocations, correct?

BadgerOne

Lamont lost to Brody Teske 4-1 and he'll wrestle for 9th place.

BadgerOne

Zargo is in!  Zargo with a nice win over Rooks.

dad 2 5

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 04, 2023, 04:33:26 PMI don't see any ninth place brackets on Trackwrestling like I have seen in years past.  If anyone sees them up somewhere, please post a link. 

Are the four losers of the consolation quarterfinals all in contention for the 9th spot?  So assuming 14 wrestlers in a bracket only two wrestlers are completely eliminated from a top 9 placement for each of the weights with at least 9 allocations, correct?

they are up now on Track

dad 2 5

DQ?
I missed it. What happened to Gomez? Med Forfeit or something else?

BadgerOne

Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 04, 2023, 05:05:31 PM
Quote from: BadgerOne on March 04, 2023, 04:33:26 PMI don't see any ninth place brackets on Trackwrestling like I have seen in years past.  If anyone sees them up somewhere, please post a link. 

they are up now on Track

Thanks, I see them now.

BadgerOne

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 04, 2023, 05:14:24 PM
Quote from: dad 2 5 on March 04, 2023, 05:08:25 PMDQ?

Apparently, Gomez was first assessed a penalty for a hard mat return or mat slam and then after the Maryland wrestler was down for a while, they must have decided to DQ Gomez.  The Maryland wrestler advanced.  I'm really surprised that Gomez even wrestled as he had little to gain and more to lose.  I think as long as he wrestled one match he is considered a lock as an at-large, and this DQ probably hurts his seeding even more and I wonder if some might withhold voting for him as an at-large based on his conduct during this match.

BadgerOne

Model loses and now will wrestle for 9th or 10th place as there are ten allocations at 157.

PAUL

I know there are some bright spots and still many matches to go, but it seems like it's been a pretty nasty tournament so far.... 

bigoil

Apparently, Gomez was first assessed a penalty for a hard mat return or mat slam and then after the Maryland wrestler was down for a while, they must have decided to DQ Gomez.  The Maryland wrestler advanced.  I'm really surprised that Gomez even wrestled as he had little to gain and more to lose.  This DQ probably hurts his seeding even more.
It was a double leg takedown, lift and came down on his ribs. MD coach wanted to get into with Reader.

mkm13

Other than Gomez not performing as expected due to injury, the results are about as expected so far.

bigoil

Quote from: mkm13 on March 04, 2023, 07:12:45 PMOther than Gomez not performing as expected due to injury, the results are about as expected so far.

Have to finish strong for that to be the case but yes. Zargo above seed is nice.

stbird

What a joke!  Kid landed flat on his back.  No way he was hurt, but Med Forfeited his next match.  Coaches were looking at his wrapped knee.  Didn't have anything to do with it.  Very disappointed in Maryland!!!!

Quote from: BadgerOne on March 04, 2023, 05:16:58 PM

Apparently, Gomez was first assessed a penalty for a hard mat return or mat slam and then after the Maryland wrestler was down for a while, they must have decided to DQ Gomez.  The Maryland wrestler advanced.  I'm really surprised that Gomez even wrestled as he had little to gain and more to lose.  I think as long as he wrestled one match he is considered a lock as an at-large, and this DQ probably hurts his seeding even more and I wonder if some might withhold voting for him as an at-large based on his conduct during this match.

stbird

I don't understand why Amos can't score.  Beat by Foy and Smith?????

BadgerOne

Dean Hamiti looked dominant in taking out Kharchla and was named outstanding wrestler today.  Way to go Dean!