Badgers under Bono

Started by Hungus, February 11, 2023, 05:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

littleguy301

Quote from: Coach V on February 15, 2023, 08:49:03 AMBono, Reader and staff, did weeklong camps all across the state last year and have been to many duals and tournaments. They are committed to Wisconsin. If you can't see that, it's because you don't want to.

Please re read. Being in my part I have noticed 1 camp and I believe a second camp and that is all since Bono came over.

I am implying with Hopke inhopemthey come up for a few more it would help the area get more on board as a whole with backing the Badgers.

We see coaches that come from farther away to recruit our are much farther than 3 hours! They arent scared.

I have stated several times that Bono is the guy and I feel that also. If I dont put some squeak in the wheel we arent going to get any grease.

So, please re read and if you feel I am not looking hard prove that I have missed something. Remember Bono and Reader were 20 minutes away at the same time as the MOST important camp of the year and did not attend.
If life is tough,,,,wear a helmet

wrestlemania

"Remember this is the same uninformed man who called out Coach Bono on Flo Wrestling about the Burwick situation.  When the facts came out, Bono had no real say in the matter and Ben you were wrong yet again.  Safe to assume you did not apologize for that.  Sad, sad, sad."

He held Davis in contempt (a multiple B1G and NCAA Champ plus Olympic and international medalist) and he hates Bono so I guess what the next UW head wrestling coach will have to do is go his house and cook dinner to get his approval.

mkm13

Otoole got smoked tonight. Does that mean he didnt improve at Missouri?

Vir Fortis

Quote from: mkm13 on February 15, 2023, 09:00:23 PMOtoole got smoked tonight. Does that mean he didnt improve at Missouri?

I picked Carr, but...I did NOT think he'd win with that type of ease. Just dominated that match. Carr looks like a big 65 and he really kinda neutralized O'Toole's scrambling.

Impressive. I would certainly think this would have O'Toole rethinking competing for 3rd next year at 174.

But I wouldn't be shocked if he flipped the script at the NCAAs. I just hope Carr Wrestles the B12s. I don't think it'll benefit him in any way. Better to take a MFF in the finals from a pragmatic view, but neither of these guys seem like they're going to duck a match.

kmoc33

Quote from: mkm13 on February 15, 2023, 09:00:23 PMOtoole got smoked tonight. Does that mean he didnt improve at Missouri?

this is so idiotic, even if it was meant as sarcasm. Trying to take a shot at Ben and using a kids name to do it is low and pathetic.

in case your are just stupid, yes Keegan has improved. Became a world champ and a national champ while at Missouri and suffered his second loss in college on a night he wasnt at his best vs a exceptionally good kid with only 3 college losses.

wrastle63

Quote from: kmoc33 on February 17, 2023, 08:12:57 AM

this is so idiotic, even if it was meant as sarcasm. Trying to take a shot at Ben and using a kids name to do it is low and pathetic.

in case your are just stupid, yes Keegan has improved. Became a world champ and a national champ while at Missouri and suffered his second loss in college on a night he wasnt at his best vs a exceptionally good kid with only 3 college losses.
Obviously sarcasm, but it's ok for Ben Askren to do the same thing to Bono and UW wrestlers?  ::)

kmoc33

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 17, 2023, 08:25:01 AM

Obviously sarcasm, but it's ok for Ben Askren to do the same thing to Bono and UW wrestlers?  ::)

I think it was sarcasm as well but no need to post it. and to answer your question, no its not ok.  Problem with the world, doing something wrong to try fixing what you believe is wrong.

wrastle63

Quote from: kmoc33 on February 17, 2023, 08:36:11 AM

I think it was sarcasm as well but no need to post it. and to answer your question, no its not ok.  Problem with the world, doing something wrong to try fixing what you believe is wrong.
But yet you post defending O'Toole, but didn't say a word about Ben doing the same thing.

kmoc33

Quote from: wrastle63 on February 17, 2023, 08:42:09 AM

But yet you post defending O'Toole, but didn't say a word about Ben doing the same thing.
correct! whats your point? That I didnt come to the defense of every WI wrestler when Ben used them to make his point about Bono being bad? I didnt feel the need, by the time I read it 30 other people did that.

wrastle63

Quote from: kmoc33 on February 17, 2023, 08:48:52 AM

correct! whats your point? That I didnt come to the defense of every WI wrestler when Ben used them to make his point about Bono being bad? I didnt feel the need, by the time I read it 30 other people did that.
But jump to defend Keegan and call another poster stupid when he makes a sarcastic comment, but zero comment on Ben openly talking down to Bono and the UW wrestling team. I think everyone can clearly see the double standard.

npope

Okay boys - neutral corners, please.

O'Toole lost to another exceptional individual. No need to make it about Askren/Bono/Davis, etc. Let's all just focus.
Merely having an opinion doesn't necessarily make it a good one

Nat Pope

mkm13

Quote from: kmoc33 on February 17, 2023, 08:48:52 AM

Wow.  It was obviously sarcasm.  O'Toole is incredible and has no doubt made big improvements.  I hope he beats Carr the next round, which I think he has a good chance.

My post was 100% in response to Ben calling out Bono and all of the badgers wrestlers for not making improvements from the past year, which I do not believe was sarcasm. 

hornbuckleb

What I find interesting is no one under this discussion has even alluded to compensation vs. expectation factor.  I would say that marketability has improved, but performance has remained the same between the current and previous regimes.

statman

Just to be clear otoole is not a kid and hasn't been since high school. He lost a match almost everyone thought he would win. That is up for discussion and criticism without the "he is just a kid so we can't talk about it" excuse.
they don't call me statman for nothin

kmoc33

Quote from: statman on February 17, 2023, 12:37:04 PMJust to be clear otoole is not a kid and hasn't been since high school. He lost a match almost everyone thought he would win. That is up for discussion and criticism without the "he is just a kid so we can't talk about it" excuse.

Fair point he is not a kid. this wasnt talking about the match this was using a person in a sarcastic comment to attack Ben.