Wisconsin vs Cornell Dual - Saturday, November 19th at Noon

Started by Wisconsin Wrestling Fan, November 18, 2022, 12:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kabrvi

Quote from: Vir Fortis on November 23, 2022, 06:16:51 AM
Quote from: TomM on November 19, 2022, 05:08:35 PMIt's the first time in Division I history that a three-time NCAA champ has been knocked off.

Diakomihalis entered Saturday with a 93-1 career record. His lone setback came as a freshman when a late lead dissolved in the closing seconds against Jaydin Eierman at the South Beach Duals

Via Flowrestling

Yeah...well, that's nice...but he didn't even go for the major at the end. Is that what Bono is teaching up there?
(Need a sarcasm font on here)

Well done.  This response made my morning. ;D  ;D  ;D

Vir Fortis

Oh MAN...talk about a TERRIBLE weekend for Cornell!

First 3X returning Champ to ever lose(small group, but still, Yianni loses, the program loses).

Then the Gibson brothers flip THEIR commitments from Cornell to Penn State(there's a 3rd brother who is still coming up). They're ALSO the older Cousins of Beau and Bassett, a young phenom and World Champ who's already got a Super 32 win as an 8th grader... who ALSO has a younger brother and they went from working out with Cornell to working out with the Penn State boys.

So that's 2 recruits right now but looking like FIVE big time recruits who are going to be wrestling for Sanderson and Cunningham and gives Penn State the #1 and #3 overall wrestler's from the '24 class and very possibly a couple more.

Not necessarily all that relevant to the Duel(unless it was as it came just following it) but big news in any event and something I thought I'd mention here.

onwisconsin

Quote from: Vir Fortis on November 23, 2022, 07:38:40 AMOh MAN...talk about a TERRIBLE weekend for Cornell!

First 3X returning Champ to ever lose(small group, but still, Yianni loses, the program loses).

Then the Gibson brothers flip THEIR commitments from Cornell to Penn State(there's a 3rd brother who is still coming up). They're ALSO the older Cousins of Beau and Bassett, a young phenom and World Champ who's already got a Super 32 win as an 8th grader... who ALSO has a younger brother and they went from working out with Cornell to working out with the Penn State boys.

So that's 2 recruits right now but looking like FIVE big time recruits who are going to be wrestling for Sanderson and Cunningham and gives Penn State the #1 and #3 overall wrestler's from the '24 class and very possibly a couple more.

Not necessarily all that relevant to the Duel(unless it was as it came just following it) but big news in any event and something I thought I'd mention here.

Thanks for the mention.