US Open & UWW Junior World Team Trials

Started by WRTCSean, April 30, 2021, 06:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dman

Quote from: MakingABadgerer on May 01, 2021, 09:03:44 AM
Quote from: hammer on May 01, 2021, 08:51:36 AM
Quote from: Harris on April 30, 2021, 05:57:44 PM
Braxton Amos is really good  ;D

Amos is really good and will be a great addition to the Badgers. Let's not get to wild over the Greco results. He beat a couple of high school kids and one is an old sophomore. With his past results he is certainly very good without a doubt. Just he was several levels above anyone in the field and he should be also.

Shouldn't read too much into him teching the guy who beat the NCAA 197 runner up either? 
If you're an 18 year old high school sophomore I somehow feel like you're not allowed to use your grade level as a crutch.

Or get to excited he almost made the Olympic team...   ::)

hammer

Amos is really good and will be a great addition to the Badgers. Let's not get to wild over the Greco results. He beat a couple of high school kids and one is an old sophomore. With his past results he is certainly very good without a doubt. Just he was several levels above anyone in the field and he should be also.

Shouldn't read too much into him teching the guy who beat the NCAA 197 runner up either? 
If you're an 18 year old high school sophomore I somehow feel like you're not allowed to use your grade level as a crutch.

17 year old sophomore or a 2003 birthday. He is really good though. He hasn't had the training like Amos has at this point. Like I said Amos is going to be good for sure, I just said let's not go wild. Amos should have and did dominate the bracket. I would have loved to see him in the senior level. He may have won that!

Harris

Ethan Rotondo won his first match by tech 13-2 in the Senior 57KG

matrat86

Quote from: hammer on May 01, 2021, 10:20:25 AM

17 year old sophomore or a 2003 birthday. He is really good though. He hasn't had the training like Amos has at this point. Like I said Amos is going to be good for sure, I just said let's not go wild. Amos should have and did dominate the bracket. I would have loved to see him in the senior level. He may have won that!

What is the benefit to Amos to wrestle in the senior level this weekend? Winning yesterday, he gets to compete in Russia against the best in the world. I'd think this competition is more important to his development then wrestling against the senior field yesterday.

Keep drinking your kool-aid from your half empty glass with dad 2 5 and the rest of us will continue to support whats happening with the program.

wrastle63

So far the Badgers and WRTC athletes are undefeated today going into the round of 16.

Harris

Hamiti with the nice opening round tech at 74KG Juniors.

vsmf2010

wrastle63

Hamiti vs PSU recruit Facundo next round.

Harris

Quote from: wrastle63 on May 01, 2021, 01:41:22 PM

This will be a huge match.  Facundo is a big time recruit.

Harris

Looks like Joey Zargo lost a tough one 6-5 to a Northwestern Wrestler.  These matches are super valuable to his development in my opinion.

Harris

I came in from working outside and Ethan Rotondo is in the senior 57KG Finals.  Great to see him having some success.  I think he has come a long way since Gross came to the room along with Barnett and Burwick.

BuckyMatt

Quote from: Harris on May 01, 2021, 02:52:05 PM
I came in from working outside and Ethan Rotondo is in the senior 57KG Finals.  Great to see him having some success.  I think he has come a long way since Gross came to the room along with Barnett and Burwick.
Rotundo is the poster child for Bono's development of these athletes!

Harris

Quote from: Harris on May 01, 2021, 02:37:42 PM

Hamiti tough loss 4-3 to Facundo.  Hamiti is right there with the best.  Very excited to see him next year.

mkm13

I believe Facundo is bigger than Hamiti right now. Good to see he is right there with him, even though he lost.

wrastle63

Quote from: Harris on May 01, 2021, 03:00:53 PM
Quote from: Harris on May 01, 2021, 02:37:42 PM

Hamiti tough loss 4-3 to Facundo.  Hamiti is right there with the best.  Very excited to see him next year.
Hamiti also had a takedown in folk style but couldn't get Facundos knee down in quad pod position. Even in a loss that was a good showing for Hamiti.